Trip tp St. Louis

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Trip tp St. Louis

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I am driving to St. Louis in 4 weeks. The wife has work conferences during the day, so I am in the rental car and golfing all day.

What courses are must play in St. Louis?

Also, we're coming out Rt. 70, through Indianapolis. Any course near the highway that are worth a stop? Ideally I'd like to hit Indianapolis on the trip out, and catch some Illinois course(s) close to the border during the week. Any suggestions?

I've looked the pdga course directory and at dgcoursereview, just looking for some more insight.

Anybody in St. Louis available to hit some courses during the day, July 15-18?
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby discndav » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Demme Pk in Terre Haute,IN is very close to I-70 and worth the stop.

I'm not from St Louis but can recommend Souix Passage and Jefferson
Barracks, both were very good when I played there on a DG roadtrip a few years back.
discndav
Noob

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:26 pm

If you can swing down thru Cincy at all, try to play Idlewild. Endicott and Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis along with Sioux passage which was mentioned. If you want to play real golf besides Idlewild, I've heard the Centralia course is a true par 70+ disc golf course about an hour outside St. Louis.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Working Stiff » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:17 pm

You have to dip a bit south off I-70 to get to Centralia, but it is well worth the time and you can jump on I-64 to continue on to the Lou.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm

Well, I'm going to be in St. Louis for 4 days with unlimited miles on the rental car, so Centralia could be a possibility. I am planning on hitting Jefferson Barracks and Sioux Passage as well.

I'm most interested in what one course I should hit on the way to the Lou. I'm thinking Indiana somewhere, preferably closer to I-70 than not.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby discdawg » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Never played it, but everyone really likes the Terre Haute, IN course. It is real close to I-70. About 1 hour to Terre Haute from Indy, then another hour to Effingham, then 1.5 hours til St. Louis.

You can play my home course, Effingham, which is on I-70 as well.

Centralia is a little over an hour from Effingham. Head down I-57 at Effingham then over on Rt 161. Then I-64 into the Lou.
Valkyrie - Eagle - TeeBird - Roc - Wizard
discdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TeeBird

Return to Courses