Heading to NC

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Heading to NC

Postby stoneman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:20 pm

I'll be there this Friday, to the following Saturday. Wilmington area. I'm planning on playing Castle Hayne often, but want to check out some of the other courses within an hour drive...maybe even a little further. If anyone is in that area and wants to meet up to show me the course, let me know. I've played 2 other courses in that area...but the names of them escape me at the moment.

I'm staying at my brother's house in Wilmington.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Heading to NC

Postby stoneman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:09 pm

stoneman wrote:I'll be there this Friday, to the following Saturday. Wilmington area. I'm planning on playing Castle Hayne often, but want to check out some of the other courses within an hour drive...maybe even a little further. If anyone is in that area and wants to meet up to show me the course, let me know. I've played 2 other courses in that area...but the names of them escape me at the moment.

I'm staying at my brother's house in Wilmington.

Halfway through the week, and I've played Hayne 4 times...it's KICKING MY ASS!!! I love it. Is there another course in this league within an hour or so? Please say there is.:P
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby nickster9224 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:29 pm

isnt renny around there
nickster9224
Tree Magnet

Postby ill4mation » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:13 pm

There used to be a pay to play course in Wilmington but its closed now. I used to play the Castle quite a bit and I believe its the only course in the area. Charlotte is a good 3 hours away and Raleigh is 2 hours west.

What did you shoot out there, post scores.

:D
ill4mation
Noob

Postby stoneman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:10 pm

My BEST round was 4 over par. I shot 6 over several times, 9 over once, and one other round was so bad I quit keeping score. MY MAIN goal was to beat my little brother :D . I only beat him once the whole week, and I played at least once every day.

My brother said a new course is being built in Wilmington...hope it's as cool as CH.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Courses