Planning a weekend trip to Austin

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:59 am

geoloseth wrote:(both of us were geology majors in college) .... spend as much time at the DG course as I could.

there are plenty of rocks at seawright... bring her hammer and tell her, "can it! i'm golfing here"

report back on your success.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby geoloseth » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:09 am

I think that would be as well recieved as that time george W. opened his mouth, which wasn't well recieved at all.

I watched alot of family guy yesterday.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:31 am

geoloseth wrote:that time george W. opened his mouth

keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:49 am

Meh on Chuy's... it's OK but not my favorite. I suggest Polvo's or Trudy's instead if you want eeeexcellent Mexican food with the Austin vibe.

Although it may be too late for you to even read this at this point :lol:
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby geoloseth » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:18 pm

Its never too late to check the posts thanks to my IPHONE! I use it to do most of my web browsing just because of the convienience factor. Right now were at robertsons in salado.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Midnightbiker » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:10 pm

While we are on the subject of Austin, where in town can I get a great Chicken Fried Steak dinner?
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:22 pm

You need to head to none other than Hill's Cafe on South Congress (south of Ben White Blvd). You will not be disappointed...great home cookin and the best rolls EVER.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Midnightbiker » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 am

GorillaTactics wrote:You need to head to none other than Hill's Cafe on South Congress (south of Ben White Blvd). You will not be disappointed...great home cookin and the best rolls EVER.

Really? :shock: Well, you got my attention with that suggestion.

As soon as I have more details on my trip I will let you know.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby geoloseth » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:33 pm

We just got back to Dallas. We ended up eating at Bone Daddy's and then walking down congress ave. We didn't find too many shops that interested us but we did stop in for some drinks at Darwin's Pub. I think most of the shops were north of the capital building but there's always next time.

ON THE OTHER HAND. Wilco is now in my top 5 favorite courses. The only thing that would make it better would be some other forms of hazards (creek, pond, etc), some elevation changes, and some better fairways (can't really play a skip shot on that course without hitting a few rocks), and some tee signage. But once it gets some concrete pads in I will definitely travel down to play a tourney if they ever get one. It really makes you work for a score if you're a righty. Disc Junkie whooped my ass (damn lefties and lefty courses, jk). I wish I could have played it about 3 weeks ago when I was getting my form down and playing almost everyday. It only took me 17 holes to warm up. The course reminds me alot of Cedar Hill's Lester Lorch park. It really could be a top notch tournament course.

Disc Junkie - thanks for showing me around. Hopefully next time I come down there I'll remember to bring my game with me.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby GorillaTactics » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:13 am

You guys actually may not have been far enough south on Congress...all the boutiques and cool stores are well south of the Capitol building and even a bit south of true "downtown".

DiscJunkie is super good, plus that's one of his home courses, so don't feel too bad. :D

Give me a holla next time you come down and I'll give you the South Austin DG tour.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby disc junkie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:20 pm

It was fun playin with ya seth! Im glad you like wilco, its a fun course thats definitely a nice challenge for a righty. We will definitely have to play again next time you are in the area. You got game. Definitely need to play some of the south courses to.

Im goin to have o plan a trip up to Dallas here in the near future, so you can take me to some of the better courses out there!

Thank for the props GorrilaT. Im not sure if im super just yet but im working on it. haha
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Previous

Return to Courses