seatac

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

seatac

Postby ApesOfWrath » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:15 am

I'm flying into seattle wednesday evening, and will have some time to kill before my friend gets off work. I was thinking of playing seatac right after my flight lands. what would be the best way to get over to the course from the airport?
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby mark12b » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:00 am

take the road leading out from the airport toward the freeways, 518 and I-5. stay left so that you take 518 toward burien (i.e. don't go right toward I-5). once on 518, take the first exit, des moines memorial drive, and go right (north). turn right on s 136th. a few hundred yards up on the left is a small parking lot and the first tee.

maps. #14 is quite a bit longer than the map shows but i think everything else is the same. try to hook up with a group -- the course isn't too hard to find your way around but it needs mowing bad and spotters can be helpful on some holes even if you land in the fairway.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ApesOfWrath » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:13 pm

thanks!
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby Barbikes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Seatac and Lakewood are my two home courses! They are about three miles apart. Conditions at Seatac right now are about the worst they get. Check out this link from a couple of days ago: http://www.odsa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8987

I played Seatac by myself a week ago and only lost two discs. I hardly ever lose discs! The grass is chest high in some places.
I'm not really trying to discourage you from playing Seatac just be prepared to spend some time looking for discs and the possibility of losing a disc or two.
Year around I usually play Seatac 2or 3 times a week but not in June or July.

Those months find me at Lakewood. A well maintained county park. If you decide on Lakewood just stay on I-518 straight into Burien. Turn right on Fourth Av SW. Go about two miles to S 108 St. and turn left. Now go about 200 yards to the first left into the parking lot. If you see a white VW golf/rabbit then that will be our local disc seller (Brian) who will help you replace your lost discs from Seatac!
Barbikes
Tree Magnet

Postby ApesOfWrath » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:42 am

shoot....im thinking Lakewood now, thanks for the heads up
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby mark12b » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:01 pm

lakewood is fun, pretty, reasonably challenging, and it's hard to lose discs there.

last time i was at seatac was about a month ago after dropping someone off at the airport, and there were only a couple really bad holes -- on 15 and 17 i saw where the shot went and still spent 15 minutes wading through waist-high grass looking. this was a conservative roc-only round for whatever that's worth...
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 pm

I was at SeaTac a week ago...it's pretty hairy. We lost a disc while we were out, though it was a shank OB. Its really a shame b/c SeaTac is an awesome course, easily my favorite in the Seattle area. But, for somebody that's never played it before, especially if playing solo, I'd have to recommend going to Lakewood. Don't get me wrong, Lakewood is a great course too, but its always more crowded and a lot easier than SeaTac. Like Mark says though, its still got plenty of challenge, and is very well maintained.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Barbikes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Check out this link:

http://www.odsa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8987

I played the course this morning. These guys really got a lot done yesterday! The course isn't in perfect condition yet but it is certainly playable. Yeehaw!!! Seatac's back!
Barbikes
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses