Live Oak, Texas

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Live Oak, Texas

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:40 pm

So I just signed up for the B-Tier this weekend in Live Oak, TX. I've never played there and was wondering if anyone can give me a little more info about how the course plays. I saw a scorecard online that has distances, but it doesn't really give me an idea of how technical or difficult the holes are. Judging from the distances, it doesn't seem like that long of a course, with several holes under 250ft. I've heard the shule there is awful.

Anyone wanna give me a little more info, or even better a link to some pics of the course? Any and all help/info would be appriciated.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby matchu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:21 pm

it has been quite some time since I have been there, as it was the first year of Texas 10 tour. It definately is no walk in the park as far as I remember. The shule is not friendly as I remeber and if I recall correctly there are lines you must hit or it can get ugly. There were lots of thumbers being thrown on a few holes just to get up and over the trees. Plenty of holes out there as well. When I played there was another course as well universal city which plays along a hill. I twisted my ankle and chose drop out because walking on the incline was painful. If you play acadiana you should be used to the shule.
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Courses