Road Trip through WVA and KY

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Road Trip through WVA and KY

Postby williamberry » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:08 am

I'll be taking a road trip through West Virginia and Kentucky on Friday. I'll be on 64 West up until Lexington, when I veer north towards Cincinnati. To break up the monotony of the trip, I would love to get a nice round of golf in along the way...

Are there any good courses along 64W in WVA or Kentucky that are worth stopping at? I'm going to be a bit picky and request that these courses be no more than 10 minutes off of 64. Anyone interested in possibly playing a round? I'll be leaving Richmond, Va on Friday around 8 in the morning. I might even play on the way back to Richmond on Monday as well.
williamberry
Noob

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:01 am

The only course I know about in WV is Paw Paw, and from the little I know of it, it's way more than 10 minutes off the highway. BUT, from what I've heard, it's good enough to make that the prime destination of a road trip.

What course do you usually play in Richmond? I've got a good friend there that plays Bryan Park, but needs to play more, esp. with other experienced golfers.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby williamberry » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 pm

I play at Bryan, Gillies Creek, Dorey Park, and Duncroft. Those are the other options within 30 minutes of Bryan. Tell him about league on Wednesday nights (6pm) at Gillies Creek. I'd also be willing to meet up with him and play a few rounds if he's interested. I've got the whole summer off (teacher) and I haven't been doing much other than playing ultimate and disc golf all summer long.
williamberry
Noob

Return to Courses