shenandoah valley golfers

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

shenandoah valley golfers

Postby chunk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 pm

anyone from the north shenandoah valley or western loudon county on here? i play sherando and i'm looking for others to play weeknights and weekends.
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby RoomTenONine » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:06 pm

I'm not living in the area, but I went to JMU for undergrad. My wife and I take a long weekend trip every fall through the valley and I'd love to know any must play courses. Perhaps we could meet up too when we are in the area. We usually stay in the Winchester area as a base, but head farther south for a day or two.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby chunk » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:55 pm

send me a pm or something when you head this way. sherando is nice and the course i play most often. i've also heard good things about signal view dgc but i haven't played it yet.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Sherando is one of my favorites! I love that course, it's always one of my regular stops.

If you're close to Sherando, you're exactly an hour from Whispering Falls. Maybe a little far for weeknight play, but we play tags every Sunday at 2. We'd love to have you.
Check out the link in my sig, and at dgcr.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby chunk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:19 am

i'd love to come up and play some time. sept is pretty much full but maybe one saturday next month might work... come up while the leaves are in color or something. 8)

i saw on your message board that you're thinking of coming down for the giles run amateur wind up. did you rope anyone else to come down? i got talked into playing. it'll be my first tournament and i expect to really stink up the joint. if you come down you'll recognize me as the guy missing all his puts or looking for his disks in the sticker bushes. :?
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:32 pm

I'll be there with one other WF local in tow. See you there!
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Re: shenandoah valley golfers

Postby RoomTenONine » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:07 pm

I'll be down the 7-9th of Nov. for my anniversary. We are staying at a B&B outside of Winchester. We are going to hit up Sherando for sure. Not sure if we'll play Sat before we hit Linden Vineyards or Sunday before we head home.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RoomTenONine » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Oh yeah, any good spots to pick up plastic around there? I think there is a magic shop in Winchester that has some discs.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:02 am

IFO is in Winchester. I've been told they have a decent selection and fair prices.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chunk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 am

RoomTenONine wrote:I'll be down the 7-9th of Nov. for my anniversary. We are staying at a B&B outside of Winchester. We are going to hit up Sherando for sure. Not sure if we'll play Sat before we hit Linden Vineyards or Sunday before we head home.

send me a pm when you get your schedule dialed in. as of now i have no plans that weekend and meet anytime. also signal knob disc golf course is 20 miles further south on i-81 so you have the potential of playing two courses while down here.

and as mentioned above ifo in winchester has a good selection of innova and discraft discs.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses