Grand Rapids, MI

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Grand Rapids, MI

Postby LumberJack » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:14 pm

I've been throwing disc for about 8 weeks now and I am very pleased to have several disc golf courses in the area.

Brewer Park- 4-9 hole courses. Red, White, Blue, Gold. Cement tee pads and baskets. Picnic area. Relatively short and wide open with a few technical holes through the trees and elevation changes.

Riverside Park- 2-18 hole courses. Relatively wide open with some water. Large picnic area. One 18 hole course is natural tees with poles the other 18 hole course has cement tees and baskets.

Old Farm Park-18 hole course. Very technical(heavily wooded), some water, natural tees and baskets.

Jaycee Park- 18 hole course. Semi technical(lightly wooded), natural tees and baskets.

Lamar Park-9 hole course. Some water. Large picnic area. Cement tees and baskets.

And from what I hear there are some great courses in Battle Creek, Kalamazoo and Ludington. There will also be a new 36 hole course about 20 minutes away called Spinski's Golf Ranch built by the proprietor of Spinski's Disc Golf Store, our local DG retailer.

Anyway, I'm hooked on the sport.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 am

Welcome to DGR, LumberJack.

My Mom's side of the family is from that area, scattered in a bunch of little towns between Grand Rapids and Big Rapids. Lakeview, Mecosta, Amble, unmemorable places like that. I love it up there. When I was single I loved to go up for a week...go to a Whitecaps game, hang around in my Aunt Carol's house and let her feed me, go water skiing, hang out in the bar my cousin owned, play some disc golf. I left an 8X KC Roc in the lagoon at Riverside the last time I was there. Someday I hope to get back up there, as there are a bunch of new courses up there since I made my last trip.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby worthdan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:35 am

the Grand Ledge/Lansing area has 2 nice courses as well. Fitzgerald in Grand Ledge and Grand Woods in Lansing.

and Lowell has a pretty new course also, it's called Fallasburg Park. quite a tough course, it'll put hair on your chest.

i just played Riverside north (the basket course) for the first time yesterday. i thought it was a really nice course and i will definitely play again, but it was easier then i thought it was gonna be. i shot a 53 in the first round and a 48 in the second.

also, there are a lot of nice courses on the east side of the state if you make it over there.
worthdan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: z pred

Return to Courses