???? for you Mass guy's

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

???? for you Mass guy's

Postby spitfire » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 am

I might be going on a trip to South Deerfield Mass and wanted to see if there are any courses near by....by near I would say within an hour from south deerfield
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby spitfire » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Also, if you know of any good(not overly expensive) bed and breakfast in that area let me know. thanks
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Buzzzed » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:16 pm

If you've never been to Marshall Street, then it's definitely worth the trip. It's probably a little more than an hour from South Deerfield. There are 2 Sweet courses right next to each other (Pyramids and Maple Hill) plus a Sick pro shop over at Pyramids.
***TEAM TOLLAND DISC GOLF***
Ace #3 - 06/22/09 - Hole #5 Wickham Park CT - KC Pro Aviar
Buzzzed
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Pro Aviar

Postby spitfire » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 am

No I have not been to Marhsal Street and thought about going there but was hoping to find some courses closer to Deerfield. I guess nobody on the forum lives in Mass.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Buzzzed » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:41 am

The PDGA website lists Tully Lake as about 22 miles from South Deerfield, definitely a sweet course...they have elevation, water, and woods holes...fun course. Highlands of Conway is another fun course, a nicely manicured woods course. Barre Falls is about 30 miles from there and its a great course as well...army corps of engineers land. Big shots you can really stretch your arm out there. But if you are in the area...Marshall Street is definitely worth the trip...just make sure you get to play both Maple Hill and Pyramids.
Buzzzed
Noob

Postby spitfire » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:43 am

sweet thanks man. I searched and found those courses but you can't rely on the reviews when there are only 1 or 2 for each course. i will check thos out. thanks
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Buzzzed » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

BTW...I would definitely mapquest the locations....PDGA site distances are often misleading. I'm thinking that Tully might be a bit more than 22 miles.
Buzzzed
Noob

Postby Solbo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 am

Yo.

Check out the Highlands of North Conway, I have heard only good things about the course. I have never played it myself, but have met the designer and many of their locals. Plus I am very friendly with alot of the local pro's in our state and Dave Balkema (designer) is a very well respected golfer in this state.

here's the courses website, they also have a proshop:

http://web.mac.com/davebalkema/iWeb/HDG/Welcome.html

If I am not mistaken, Jason Johnson, (MA State PDGA rep) had something to do with this course and design also, I may not be right though.

I know for sure that the Northhampton Course is worth playing, as it was designed by Jason Johnson, and holds a tourney every year that is sponsored by Dogfish Head Brewing Co. Jason is a long time stallwort in this state, and the course is worth playing.

Tully is a course with a TON of potential, but might be a little tough to follow if playing by yourself for the first time.

Flatrock just became a public course and is also another course that is worth playing.

You should have enough golf to keep you busy with those recommendations.

On your way up if you are going 95 and through or near Norwalk Connecticut, Cranbury Park is worth the visit... I dont know where you are coming from though.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby Buzzzed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am

Conway is definitely a fun course...I've been up there 2x. Its a bit of a drive for me, but definitely worth the trip! 8)
Buzzzed
Noob

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 am

Northampton is boarderline unplayable right now. That place is ALIVE. When are you making the trip? Crane hill may be installed by that time (Wilburham sp?).
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Solbo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:54 pm

The Natural wrote:Northampton is boarderline unplayable right now. That place is ALIVE. When are you making the trip? Crane hill may be installed by that time (Wilburham sp?).

Alive with Bugs ?
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 pm

Not bugs the grass is very long everywhere and the bushes that line a lot of the fairways are just out of control. You WILL loose a ton of plastic out there. I don't go anywhere near that place until at least mid october.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby spitfire » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 am

Thanks for the info. I would be going tere in late October or November.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby LaForce » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:59 pm

You gotta make your way to Marshall Street. Well worth the trip!
LaForce
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby RoomTenONine » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Solbo wrote:I know for sure that the Northhampton Course is worth playing, as it was designed by Jason Johnson, and holds a tourney every year that is sponsored by Dogfish Head Brewing Co. Jason is a long time stallwort in this state, and the course is worth playing.

A Delaware brewer supporting a MA DG Tourney? Hmmmm.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Return to Courses