BB Owen

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

BB Owen

Postby 13paceseast » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am

Hadn't played there in 7 yrs.
The layout is basically the same, only longer now.
I;m not that long off the box due to bad knees so the added length kinda sucks.
And they've cleared out a lot of brush and trees on some holes.
I don't like some of the new basket locations.
And i don't like that they got rid of "Birdie Alley".
The boxes are SLICK when they are wet with morning dew.

Tis an OK course now. Get rid of some of those silly basket placements and it would be better. Mesquites Paschall park has a much better Fun Factor.

What is a good score for BB Owen?

I threw pretty good and felt lucky to shoot 1 under.
13paceseast
Noob

Postby RustyP » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm

Best I ever shot there was -9, but I can't remember if the baskets were long or short that day. I think most of the Open-level guys there shot under par in the double-digits when everything was short.

I used to play there almost every day on my way home from work. Traffic didn't get REALLY bad until I got into Garland (coming down 635 from Addison), so I would just stop off for a quick round while the highway cleared up. It was never one of my favorites by any stretch, but I didn't think it was a bad course either...nice amount of variation for such a small park.

Seems like BB is one of those courses you either enjoy or absolutely hate. I know a lot of golfers in Dallas who refuse to play there...I think mainly because of the regulars. I'll admit they seem a bit shady at first, but once you get to know them most are nice guys.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Return to Courses