First Tourney

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

First Tourney

Postby zeike524 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:15 am

Any suggestions/tips? Play with some of the guys from DD Lewisville and they are telling me i should enter intermediate...
zeike524
Noob

Re: First Tourney

Postby aerodriver » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Just do it. I signed up for my PDGA number and my first event in Pennsylvania (the inBounds Open C-Tier) on the same day. Why PA? Because I want to travel this summer and that's about as far as I can afford. What's more is that I really would like to play with others more, I only have one other friend who plays and he doesn't even do it that often.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby bsnone1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Absolutely go for it. I played in my first event this year and it was a blast. Go in with low expectations (mine were to not finish last, I succeeded). Read up on the rules, follow the lead of more experienced players and most of all, have fun.

Be ready for longer rounds than you may be used to. Most people I played with brought stools, I didn't and wasn't sad not to have one but it would be nice. Play your game, don't be intimidated at the 14 yo throwing 450'.
bsnone1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle

Postby zeike524 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 am

For sure bringing the ole trusty stool. My brother in law has played a hand full of turnaments and doesn't have a stool and has hated every minute. He has told me what to expect as far as round pace so that doesn't bother me too much. I don't know just a bit intimidated only playing for a year and entering intermediate but i can throw well over 420'. Oh well guess I'm a little harsh on myself with some inconsistent rounds but when I am on I am on. Here i come intermediate!
zeike524
Noob

Postby bsnone1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Consider spending 20 or so minutes a day working on putts from inside the circle. I can count 10 strokes I would've picked up if had been more solid from inside 30. My nerves got to me big time on the first hole after a great drive left me 15ft from the basket - dinked the putt off of the ring around the top of the basket. Ugh...
bsnone1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle

Postby zeike524 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm

For sure pull out my basket at least once a night. The wife thinks i have a serious problem. I just tell her i am sick and havent found a cure yet...
zeike524
Noob

Return to Tournaments