KC Worlds...3 questions.

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

KC Worlds...3 questions.

Postby Apathy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 am

1- How long do those with an invitation have to figure out if they are going to be able to attend?

2- How much is entry fee? If its not set yet how much was last years?

3- It looks like advanced players from the same division will be playing different courses at the same time. So, if me and a friend rode together, is there anyway we could be put into the same pool, that way we will have the same schedule? Do they allow you to be placed together for convience, or is it all random?

Thank you for any replies.
Apathy
Tree Magnet

Re: KC Worlds...3 questions.

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Usually, those invited will have until mid-May to register before anyone who hasn't been invited may register.

Entry fee was $115 for Ams last year

You can request to be in the same pool with players you plan to ride with. The PDGA will do what they can to accommodate those requests. It was amazing how many players indicated they were car pooling with Ken Climo or Dave Feldberg last year... :roll:
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Apathy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Whats the players packs about?
Apathy
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 pm

On the players pack: I'm not sure of the monetary amount of the overall package, but there will be multiple discs, probably a bag, and both dg and non dg shwag.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby scoot_er » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Open entry is around $230 before you sign up for $20 side games. For some reason when you beat 80% of the field you only get a profit of less than 25% ($280) while at any B-tier you would at least double your entry fee and at the good ones you will triple your investment.

Heck I can make $280 for taking 3rd at a B-tier with a $70 entry but at worlds you have to Pay 3 times as much before travel costs yet have almost no shot of getting halfway out of the hole unless you are an Elite player.

I believe my total winnings from my 2 AM worlds more than Doubled my payout from the 2 Pro Worlds I have attended. After taking out the entry fee I made $120 as a Pro and $900 as an AM.

That makes me want to petition the PDGA.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm

scoot_er wrote:Open entry is around $230 before you sign up for $20 side games. For some reason when you beat 80% of the field you only get a profit of less than 25% ($280) while at any B-tier you would at least double your entry fee and at the good ones you will triple your investment.

Heck I can make $280 for taking 3rd at a B-tier with a $70 entry but at worlds you have to Pay 3 times as much before travel costs yet have almost no shot of getting halfway out of the hole unless you are an Elite player.

I believe my total winnings from my 2 AM worlds more than Doubled my payout from the 2 Pro Worlds I have attended. After taking out the entry fee I made $120 as a Pro and $900 as an AM.

makes me want to play AM worlds :)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby curt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 pm

good luck with that... :D
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Return to Tournaments