Who's going to the Memorial?

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Who's going to the Memorial?

Postby WesV » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:08 pm

Just wondering what other DGR'ers are gonna be out in beautiful, sunny Arizona next weekend..

Favorite Disc: The Wiz!

Re: Who's going to the Memorial?

Postby DrRyan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:57 pm

I will be there, but I live here. Unfortunately not playing though. Can't close down my office for two full weekdays. If it was a Fri-Sun tourney I would be playing.
DrRyan
Noob

Favorite Disc: the Roc, hands down!

Postby readysetstab » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 am

i think Nikko will be there :D
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby phisherman77 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 pm

readysetstab wrote:i think Nikko will be there :D

the kid played great. just scorched fountain hills on saturday and was lighting it up on Saturday day too back at vista. I have some pictures of his final putt and celebration that came out REALLY well. one in particular with nikko's head down, arm raised in victory!

here's the setting: hole 18 at vista, 363 foot hole with about a 10 foot elevation increase. about 320 of this plays over water. nikko bombs his hyzer drive about 60 feet long. nikko has a 4 stroke lead. seems to me that normally the veteran golfer with this kind of lead would just lay up under the basket and give a somewhat subdued celebration. NOT NIKKO. nikko stepped up to his 50-60 foot jump putt and just banged it dead center chains. the crowd exploded. nikko gave some fist pumps and ran, at a dead sprint, towards the basket. about 15 feet short of the basket, he dropped into a slide on his knees that carried him all the way to the basket and almost sent him flying right by!

we watched his group play the last 5-6 holes and you could tell his energy was flowing. the crowd and the rest of the golfers were sending him good vibes and he was eating it up. it was a damn cool sight to see a Missouri boy, like myself, taking that title and he looked to truly be living in the moment.

congratulations Nikko, you tore it up!
phisherman77
Tree Magnet

Return to Tournaments