2009 USDGC

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 2009 USDGC

Postby Timko » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:05 pm

I guess I could ask Nikko to sign some of my wizards the next time I see him...
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jnecessary » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I just bought a bunch of matching organic wizards because he gets em free and i could haggle him for a really good deal :P

he signed an 11x roc for me at Hamilton along with avery, val and nate but I'm kinda regretting that as I want to throw the damn thing now
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JackMontana » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Went down to Rock Hill for the day to follow the final card. Played Charlotte's Web layout at Hornet's Nest on the way down. Wow. Wow. Wow. Amazing course.

Anton threw one hell of a round today: 53!!! According to Crump it beats Kenny's course record of 54. That one will probably stand for quite some time.

Feldberg's $4000 dollar putt was super ballsy. Pictures do not do that shot justice, the downhill putt is way steeper than it looks and you've got about 5 feet to stop before your disc falls off the edge of the earth. Missing that putt could have easily been worth two more and a couple of spots on the scoreboard. Nikko obviously played quite well and is going to be a handful in tournaments for some time to come. Hopefully he'll outgrow the hair and socks though ;)

We got to play 6 holes before we had to hit the road: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16. It sure is fun to throw from up at the coliseum, and 15 is a very aesthetic hole (I also threw a very pretty birdie there and on 14!). The OB ropes are super tight out there. It was great to see the top pros throw holes and then get to play the same hole an hour or so later. I have even more respect for those guys now.

Anyhow, it was my first time out to the USDGC and I'll be back. Tons of fun. Hornet's Nest was the highlight of the day, beautiful course and extremely challenging (I pured the gauntlet for what is one of the most memorable shots of my short life). Also ran into Frank Delicious at the lsdiscs tent.

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Timko » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Going to do everything in my power to go to this next year. However, my company's annusal town hall and client conference is normally the same week.
Timko

Postby Timko » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:11 pm

What do you think is in Nikko's bag?

The Gateway Stuff:

Wizard
Sabre
Blaze
Illusions
Spirits

The other stuff
Boss
Destroyer
Buzz
XCaliber
Stalker (if he's not throwing a Sabre)

Other ideas?
Timko

Postby Pat » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:29 am

Furthur wrote:What do you think is in Nikko's bag?

The Gateway Stuff:

Wizard
Sabre
Blaze
Illusions
Spirits

The other stuff
Boss
Destroyer
Buzz
XCaliber
Stalker (if he's not throwing a Sabre)

Other ideas?

this is over a year old but there is probably some permament stuff in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXyHSzfVEE
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dogma » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 am

JackMontana wrote:Feldberg's $4000 dollar putt was super ballsy. Pictures do not do that shot justice, the downhill putt is way steeper than it looks and you've got about 5 feet to stop before your disc falls off the edge of the earth. Missing that putt could have easily been worth two more and a couple of spots on the scoreboard.

I took this shot earlier in the day before it got crowded. Here's what Feldberg was looking at on that putt:

I have video footage of the putt (not high quality, but still interesting), but I don't have a YouTube account. If anyone wants to post it, PM me your email address and I'll send you the clip.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby JackMontana » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Dogma wrote:
JackMontana wrote:Feldberg's $4000 dollar putt was super ballsy. Pictures do not do that shot justice, the downhill putt is way steeper than it looks and you've got about 5 feet to stop before your disc falls off the edge of the earth. Missing that putt could have easily been worth two more and a couple of spots on the scoreboard.

I took this shot earlier in the day before it got crowded. Here's what Feldberg was looking at on that putt:

I have video footage of the putt (not high quality, but still interesting), but I don't have a YouTube account. If anyone wants to post it, PM me your email address and I'll send you the clip.

alright, well THAT photo definitely captures it. Nice shot.

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:15 pm

followed the lead card from 5 on and Nikko was playing seriously good golf all day long. Feldburg was putting poorly all day long and completely missed the basket on some 25-30 footers. He was driving really well but could never get his putt going. Doss and Arthur both played real solid but had some bad holes that really ever kept them from getting any momentum.

What I can't believe is how far Nikko can throw for being smaller than me. He never looked like he was throwing 100%. Also watching him park a buzz on 16 is crazy. I threw a couple of comets on it afterward and came up 60 short every time.

I got to play 6-16 and the amount of placement that is needed on that course is something that can not even be described. I do want to brag that I took a 4 on route 888. 8)

Good meeting Jack Montana at the LSDiscs tent and wish I could have run into Dogma but I couldn't find the piece of paper I wrote his number on, sorry brother.

also (that's Nikko sig, super nice guy):

I'll post a pic of the disc VIPs get whenever it arrives also.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Timko » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Nikko is not particularly tall (5'10" max), or paricularly big. But he has some serious grip strenght, and a ton of rotational energy.
Timko

Postby JHern » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Furthur wrote:Nikko is not particularly tall (5'10" max), or paricularly big. But he has some serious grip strenght, and a ton of rotational energy.

He is super fast. Even when he isn't throwing for max D, his rotation and arm speed are enough to whip all his blood to the tips of his fingers.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Dogma » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Two more shots I liked:

Nate Doss (super nice guy and good sport) in a cage on hole 9 of the final round. His tee shot landed inside the metal tower. He threw a nice flick out of it, across the S-bending fairway, but it didn't quite make it across the OB area into the next bend of the fairway so he lost a stroke. :(

Hole 17 as viewed from the tee box. Everything is OB except the "green" behind the hay bale wall near the basket (basket is near the center of the pic, you can see the yellow band against the water). Not much to aim for. And made more difficult by the fact that it's slightly downhill.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Hey Dogma, if that is where you were on 9, then I was like 60 ft to your left when he threw that shot.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby x-out » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Furthur wrote:Nikko is not particularly tall (5'10" max), or paricularly big. But he has some serious grip strenght, and a ton of rotational energy.

5'10" includes the hair....nikko is definitely short
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Nikko is taller than me. So I wouldn't call him short.
Timko

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments