Playing my first PDGA event this weekend.

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Playing my first PDGA event this weekend.

Postby curt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:39 am

Considering most human beings have two supporting points, called feet, and any movment you take after your putt is considered following through, this clearly means that you have to have both feet in contact with the ground behind your marker before you can walk past it.

While I agree with your logic and the fact that placing both feet on the ground is probably the best way to determine it, I simply don't think that is what the rules say. You left off the part of the rule that defines what a follow through is. The rule clearly says: "The player must demonstrate full control of balance before advancing toward the hole." It is certainly possible to demonstrate a full control of balance on one foot. Since the rules don't specifically say that you have to put two feet (which, btw, are different than supporting points and using the term feet would be inconsistent with the rest of the rule book, as would specifying a certain number of supporting points) on the ground, I think you'll have a hard time stroking anyone on the basis that they didn't have two feet on the ground and proving your case on the course with a rulebook.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Redisculous » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:13 pm

I'll take this guy's word for it, @approx the 37 minute mark.

http://www.svdgc.org/forums/index.php?s ... &#entry232

I just figured I'd start playing the rule this way in case they really do get strict about it.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby Cali » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks for posting that. Very helpful :)
Cali
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Cali » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:18 pm

It was a lot of fun. I was in a 3 way tie for first and ended up tying for second in the playoff. I pulled my groin midway through the first round but was able to tough it out.
Cali
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to Tournaments