PDGA Global Disc Golf Event - This Weekend

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

PDGA Global Disc Golf Event - This Weekend

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 pm

About 24 hours remain to pre-register for your global event. Deadline is 8pm your local time Thursday night. We've already topped 500 players entered around the World at 15 locations. Ams get global player packs with two discs and a DVD. Ams are not only playing for global bragging rights but whatever merch they can win in their local event. For pros, $25 of their entry goes to their global purse and the rest goes toward their local purse plus any added cash supplied by the TD.

Almost last chance to qualify for USDGC. 30 spots available based on how well you beat your rating over the three rounds.

If you can't make it or there's not an event near you, watch live updates online Saturday and Sunday on discgolfplanet.tv Check their website for the live update schedule.

Find your event here to sign up:
http://tiny.cc/oy64w

http://www.pdga.com/global-field-and-events
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Re: PDGA Global Disc Golf Event - This Weekend

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Global results being updated live here: http://www.pdga.com/global-tournament-leaderboard

Noon and 2PM shows already completed on DiscGolfPlanet.tv and archived for viewing: http://discgolfplanet.tv/
Next shows at 4, 6 & 8pm Eastern today and Noon & 10pm tomorrow.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Aubin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Question:

the registration said "intermediate: under 935 rated." so, that's where i put myself.

Looking through the results so far, the Japan tournament has 24 intermediate players... only 3 have ratings (thought you needed a rating to play?) and two of those three are above 935.

what gives?
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

Postby juju » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Ratings exchange rate...duh.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 pm

The two players will be moved up to Advanced by tomorrow.

Having a rating is only required for those who want to try for a USDGC invite since how far you average above it determines the invites.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Aubin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 am

quick question, if anyone's still reading this:

After the scores for this tourney were finalized (recent ratings update yesterday), one of my round ratings jumped. The difference would have put me in the USDGC based on average round rating over your rating at the time of the tourney.

I don't care either way, but just thought I'd mention it to help this tournament grow and prosper, it's a good idea. Is there any way to 'finalize' the results earlier, or not announce the USDGC spots until results are finalized?
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:03 am

The unofficial results process is being improved so you'll be less likely to see that change in ratings going from unofficial to official next year. There's no reason why the sum of the unofficial ratings should be more than a point or two different from the sum of the official ratings for three rounds. One issue we have to deal with is players who DNF during the event which can lower the number of propagators as the event progresses. That will tend to lower the ratings somewhat in the later rounds.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Tournaments