Need Advice on Worlds Courses

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need Advice on Worlds Courses

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 pm

For the 2012 World Championships in Charlotte, North Carolina the schedule has me playing at Bradford, Idlewild and Hornet's Nest. I hope to be heading down a week early to learn the courses but would love some advanced notice of what to expect. I went to the World's website and printed off the the course descriptions but have little faith in their candor. So I seek the real deal from the players who know. I am interested in general opinions as well as specifics. I especially would like to hear from good lefty players.

I throw RHFH off the tee so it is best to treat me as a lefty for this analysis. My major concerns:

*Are the courses balanced righty/lefty in terms of difficulty?
*How many holes create a serious danger of losing discs and what are the dangers and distances?
*Which holes and/or courses likely require the most time and practice to figure out?
*Are there hidden local routes for tricky holes which I should know about?
*What scores are 1000 rated on each course (I think that is called the SSA)?

I would love a guided tour of these courses from a local, or group of locals and of course, a lefty with Pro power. Any volunteers? I might have very cold beer to share in my cooler.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: Need Advice on Worlds Courses

Postby JHern » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:...in Charlotte...would love some advanced notice of what to expect...

Mosquitos. Much larger than the ones you've got in Michigan. Better carry a small gauge shotgun to ward them off. :lol:
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Need Advice on Worlds Courses

Postby Disc Golf Live » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:42 am

Mark, you might try a post at the Charlotte DGC club website. For a local board, there's a lot of traffic so your questions might be more likely to get an answer besides Jhern who just likes to make himself laugh.
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Return to Tournaments