Am Nationals (USADGC) Milford, MI - June 15-17

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Am Nationals (USADGC) Milford, MI - June 15-17

Postby bigs348 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:56 am

Anyone going?

I'll be flying out on Thursday June 14th. I can't wait to play Toboggan.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Am Nationals (USADGC) Milford, MI - June 15-17

Postby plastic_fondler » Mon May 14, 2007 7:09 pm

rip it up Bigs....did you get your invite at seneca?
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby bigs348 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks, man. I just got Disc Golf Live Episode 16 from where they covered the Am Nats last year. I watched it, it's quite good, and I'm going to try and study the course as best I can from that. The course plays to my strengths, so I'll just be hoping to keep it together and putt well.

I kinda got my invite at Seneca. :roll: That was where I qualified, but they forgot to give out invitations or even mention it or anything. The week after the tourney, I contacted Todd White, the Am Nats TD, to ask him if it was actually a qualifier and if I actually got in or not.

I'll be playing in 2 more qualifiers in the next month, but I was hoping to get my crap in early so I could plan for hotel and flight, and I did manage to do that.

Where you at Seneca?
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby plastic_fondler » Tue May 15, 2007 7:26 am

I've never been to AM Nats...but my friends that have gone speak very highly of it. They treat you right at the tounrey...kinda like USDGC for ams.

I was at seneca, but played trophy only pro. I missed my invite at st. pat's and master's cup, so no am nat's for me. I was considering hitting it this year as opposed to worlds before turning pro, but no more A tiers for me.

Funny...I miss cashing in pro at seneca by one stroke and in cali I barely cash in master's cup am and no cash in st. pat's am....no invite from either. I swear norcal is tougher than anywhere else....maybe not NC....maybe though.

Bigs....go huge and you will be fine.

...nick
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bigs348 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:00 am

I played Trophy Only at the Soiree last year, and considered it again even after hearing they were going to have an Am division. But when I decided I would like to try and go to Am Nats, I figured I would play Am. I missed qualifying at Bowling Green by 2 strokes, so I was glad to get er done at the Soiree by 5+.

Basically, all I want is to get into the USDGC. To do that, I need to either win Am Nats, Am Worlds, or win the NJ State Rep spot. So, whether I have a shot at any of those is up in the air, but I'm going to pretty much kill myself trying.
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ericdmb » Tue May 15, 2007 9:28 am

bigs348 wrote:I played Trophy Only at the Soiree last year, and considered it again even after hearing they were going to have an Am division. But when I decided I would like to try and go to Am Nats, I figured I would play Am. I missed qualifying at Bowling Green by 2 strokes, so I was glad to get er done at the Soiree by 5+.

Basically, all I want is to get into the USDGC. To do that, I need to either win Am Nats, Am Worlds, or win the NJ State Rep spot. So, whether I have a shot at any of those is up in the air, but I'm going to pretty much kill myself trying.

Alan, you got that locked down!
www.bearclaws.org

"Life is short but sweet for certain"
ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Postby bigs348 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm

Alright, just got my travel arrangements nailed down. Flying into Flint Thursday June 14th around noon, leaving Monday June 18th. Staying at the Comfort Suites in Wixom. Used the "USADGC" code for the $69/night rate and no problems. Can't wait for some Toboggan.... Less than a month away.
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jHarr » Tue May 22, 2007 1:50 pm

cya there bigs, I squeaked in at BG...
toboggan course is now in, the devils delight tourney pro/adv played it
some chatter about it on the pdga annarbor club discussion page
jHarr
Noob

Postby plastic_fondler » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:39 pm

Well...I wish I could have gotten to this one. I didn't realize I qualified at Santa Cruz. Too bad. So guys...was the trip worth it? Any impressions would be great...as this is the only tourney worth not accepting cash to play in for me...and I'd be coming from cali. Maybe DGLO and KC sandwiched next year.
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bigs348 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:10 pm

So I just typed a long reply and then somehow I hit a key and it went away...

So to summarize cause I'm not typing it all again:

- they treat you great (lunch and breakfast provided, players pack, tee times).
- the course is amazing.
- I'm going back.

Also, Joe Harr (the only other DGRer I knew who was there) and I got to play together the third round, and ended up tied. So that was cool to meet someone new from the board. Unfortunately, we tied for 63rd and not something better than that...
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jHarr » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:23 am

fun tourney, great to throw a round with ya bigs and yeah, lets do better next time...

my cross-post from the a3 pdga page...
a few daze later...
thanks for putting on a great tourney todd, pad Dcraft jimK emceeMark w/ the games etcet...
huge ups to the volly spotters-proTong, laceys, on'n on...
and to marnie for the food which was always deluxe and tasty after the round...

think every hole had its way with me at least once, lots of dumb bogeys but no doubles...
seems the scrappy saves were too often for par not bird
big as it is I left too many out there from the circle or just outside
next year toboggy, next year

played with lots of cool and good people...
great golf memories made

jHarr
Noob

Return to Tournaments