2007 AM WORLDS

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

2007 AM WORLDS

Postby jorr16 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 pm

I'm suprised to not see a thread for this! Who else is as excited as I am? They have the pools posted and I am happy that I got put with the people I am driving with. Fritz, looking forward to meeting you in Pool C!!
I'm hoping for a top 100 finish but we will see what happens!
Who else is going to be there?
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Re: 2007 AM WORLDS

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:44 pm

jorr16 wrote:I'm suprised to not see a thread for this! Who else is as excited as I am? They have the pools posted and I am happy that I got put with the people I am driving with. Fritz, looking forward to meeting you in Pool C!!
I'm hoping for a top 100 finish but we will see what happens!
Who else is going to be there?
J

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! I was just coming here this minute to post the exact same thing. Can't wait to meet ya. My Innova Hat I wear has my PDGA Number and FRITZ in yellow letters and numbers on it. I have a Yellow Revolution bag with a CO Flag and a American Flag on it.
Also I'll have a bright orange towel hangin from my hip.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:47 pm

Looks like we get to start on the Brown Deer Course.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby jorr16 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:04 pm

I'll keep an eye out for you! I carry a Green Gateway backpack and usually am wearing a blue hat. Might wear my Bears hat to piss off those cheeseheads!! Can't miss the tall redhead very easily though!

Starting at the toughest course of the tourney should be fun! Just make sure to par as much as you can and save strokes. I played the preview tourney and one of the guys on the leader card shot a +17 there and it ended up taking him all the way out of cashing!! I hope you bring your accuracy with you!
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 pm

Ouch!
I will make sure to bring my accuracy :shock: :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby discmonkey42 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:12 am

Brown Deer is my favorite course. It's about an hour and a half away, but I've played it a bunch. Definitely demanding, especially in the woods. The woods can be very punishing, sometimes not even allowing a shot back to the fairway if you ricochet deep into them. Good mix of holes, all require accuracy on several levels.

I'm in pool C and start at Brown Deer first thing Tues. am. Can't wait. I'm the bald guy who is 6'6" with glasses and goatee. Kinda hard to miss. Hope to meet a bunch of you there. I'll be playing Brown Deer all day on Monday if anyone wants to meet up for rounds.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:43 pm

Were you talking to Burl lastnight about grip? I think I saw ya there.
I haven't gotten to meet Orr yet but I met his roomates. I'm in Pool C as well. did you stay in pool C or you get to move up? or :shock: down?
I'm the dude witha yellow revo bag, and a big red goatee.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby discmonkey42 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:49 pm

Man, I saw you at the demo and for some reason never made it over to say hi. I totally meant to and then I just got too sucked in listening to Feldberg give feedback on people's drives. That's where I was the whole demo after they brokeinto groups. I picked up soooo much good info there. Watching Avery crush standing throws was incredible. I couldn't get over those sky rollers they threw either. Hopefully I'll catch up with you tomorrow, you're pretty easy to spot. That yellow revo is pimp.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 pm

So I was looking at the current standings and I am very confused and I am wondering what happened. Look at 75th place in Advanced.

http://pdga.com/tournament/tournament_r ... urnID=5831

+134 with a round that took him 200 shots in the semi finals. Is this what they do to you if you don't show up or you cheat someway or another?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby J-Man » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm wondering the same thing; usually if you don't finish the result is posted 999. Did this poor guy have a nervous breakdown...what???
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 pm

My guess is he figured 75th place was good enough and decided not to show up for finals you should DNF.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby vonDrehle » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:06 pm

One of our local guys finished in 6th.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Fritz » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:25 pm

WOW!!!!! What a tournament and a great week!
Wish I woulda got to meet more DGR people. I saw Alex Wells, who finished pretty high up there. Said hi to him, but that was about it.

I had a blast, I can't believe the intensity of this tournament. I was disappointed in a few things (:oops: scoring penalty and missing easy birdie putts) I really wanted to make top 100 but all in all It felt good. Those courses are amazing! Also if you are in Wisconsin, go to Saukville and play Tendick :lol: Great course in a funny named town.

Congrats to all the Colorado players who played in this tournament.
Especially the Woman's Junior Champion Kristara Lee.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 pm

thats sweet she did so well. Understandable cause she tears the course up.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 pm

On our local message board, it seems like the general consensus by all that attended the Am Worlds this year were largely disappointed. Basically they say that it didn't feel very organized, like it was just thrown together a week beforehand. Also they seem to agree that the courses weren't the caliber that they should have been, that only one was a "world class" course while the others were essentially pitch and putt. Seems people were really let down for having spent all that money and traveled that distance for a fizzle of an experience. Now I wasn't there, and I've never been to Highbridge, but I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way?
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Tournaments