2007 AM WORLDS

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Fritz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:30 pm

I wasn't disappointed in the courses. I loved the courses and I felt they were challenging, the only course I felt wasn't that hard was Dineen. yes there were short holes, they just happened to be very tight and technical holes that if you were off on the distance you were screwed.

As for the organization, I'll agree it felt unorganized, and just thrown together at times. I was disappointed in the players meeting, there wasn't any free food, which I heard Tulsa had some free food.

The flymart was a HUGE disappointment. Mainly for me cause there was no Millennium booth.

A couple friends of mine who cashed said the prize choices were ASS, and that it was mostly am worlds gear and DX plastic. No Star, No Championship plastic just am worlds gear and plastic. (I didn't see this, just what I heard)

I'm not claiming foul, but it was a bit weird that the person who one the blood red mach v basket at the players meeting was from Wisconsin and a friend of the TD and the person that won the Course was from WI as well. But whatever.

All in all I had a blast, and wished I would have played better. But I felt the courses were very challenging both mentally and it tested your accuracy.
Dineen was the only course that was meh.

P.S. Am Worlds wasn't at Highbridge.
4 courses,

Dretska Original
Dretska New
Brown Deer
Dineen

Milwaukee, WI
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jorr16 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:08 pm

I would agree that it felt like it was a little disorganized at times but other times it didn't. I think Saturday was a huge screw up because of the way they did payouts. If you didn't get there right when the first finals started then you really didn't get anything. It almost seemed like they didn't order anymore then they usually order for a large tourney. They kept pulling out new boxes of discs once other ones were gone so if you went in there and chose something because that was all they had you might have gotten screwed. Plus all of the stuff that was on that big table was not all for the payouts. My buddy tried to get a DVD with the payout and they turned him away! Why would you have stuff on the table when you are going to have 300 people come through there if they can't get them. I'm not saying that I didn't have a good time because I really did. I'm just saying that it really didn't feel like this huge awesome tournament. There were other things I disliked but all in all the touney teached me more about my game then anything else ever has.
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:23 pm

Fritz wrote:P.S. Am Worlds wasn't at Highbridge.

Doh! :oops:

Interesting to hear your take on the event as well. I hadn't heard about the prizes (DX for a huge event like that IS bunk) aspect of it. I'd also heard about the food...not only was it for purchase, but apparently not that good either.

Brown Deer was the one course that people said they liked, but didn't elaborate on the others, other than saying they were pitch & putts. (I like technical holes myself, and that's what most of the courses around here are).

Sounds like they left quite a bit of room for improvement though...let's hope the next organizers can learn from previous mistakes.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby latitude » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Go Källström Go :D
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby kvanorsdel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:30 pm

latitude wrote:Go Källström Go :D

I think this belongs one thread over :D
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:32 pm

I don't who would consider Dretska O and N pitch in putts, or Dineen for that matter. Dineen had plenty of long holes, only problem with it was it was extremely open, and I think it felt more open because I played 2 rounds at Brown Deer which was by far the tightest course of the 4, and DO and DN had some long holes and some very tight holes as well. I wouldn't consider them pitch n putts one bit. Yeah there were some open short holds but the majority of the short holes what they lacked in distance made up in tight shots.

Tim_the_Enchanter wrote:
Fritz wrote:P.S. Am Worlds wasn't at Highbridge.

Doh! :oops:

Interesting to hear your take on the event as well. I hadn't heard about the prizes (DX for a huge event like that IS bunk) aspect of it. I'd also heard about the food...not only was it for purchase, but apparently not that good either.

Brown Deer was the one course that people said they liked, but didn't elaborate on the others, other than saying they were pitch & putts. (I like technical holes myself, and that's what most of the courses around here are).

Sounds like they left quite a bit of room for improvement though...let's hope the next organizers can learn from previous mistakes.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Fritz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:33 pm

kvanorsdel wrote:
latitude wrote:Go Källström Go :D

I think this belongs one thread over :D

Yeah this is for the AMS not those silly Pro's
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Previous

Return to Tournaments