Free Tournaments?

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Free Tournaments?

Postby Mr.Bigg » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:39 am

Me and my friend are getting to the point we are considering amateur tournies. But right now I am a college student with zero money. How much do tournaments cost/ how often are tournaments free? I'm playing out of Columbia, MO at the moment if anyone knows what's available out there.
Mr.Bigg
Noob

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:48 am

No free tournaments, just free courses. Local leagues run anywhere from $3-8$ per week. Tournaments even for the beginning level will be at least $12 and more likely in the $20 neighborhood.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:28 pm

Before you start playing tournaments, see if you've got any local leagues around you. Normally, they are in the $5 range, but it gets you some experience playing in a more tournament type setting. There are also casual leagues that don't play for money that you may find in Columbia. I know the club there is pretty organized, so you may find something.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Re: Free Tournaments?

Postby smurphy29 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Mr.Bigg wrote:Me and my friend are getting to the point we are considering amateur tournies. But right now I am a college student with zero money. How much do tournaments cost/ how often are tournaments free? I'm playing out of Columbia, MO at the moment if anyone knows what's available out there.

I know of a couple colleges that have disc golf clubs and some of the club members get tourney entry fees paid. Go to Western Illinois website and you will be able to know who to contact under disc golf to see how it works.
smurphy29
Tree Magnet

Postby MrTasses » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:57 am

You can also start a Free Weekly or Monthly of your own if there is an opening. If you try not overlap or piggy-back any other events in your area, you can probably get enough people to play. Post up on a local message board and be willing to keep at it if turnout takes a little while to pick-up.

Another option is to do Tag Matches. Depending on how much money it is to get a Tag in your area, you can have a season full of competitive ladder matches for a one time buy-in.
MrTasses
Tree Magnet

Return to Tournaments