Texas Teams???

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby warlocks00 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:28 pm

WOW what a weekend....Tons of fun and a win to go along with it...can it get any better? Can't wait till next year when we will hopefully fill our first Established team. You guys look like your having way to much fun to miss out on it next year.

Thanks to everyone that helped get the course ready(which looked like a TON of work), make schedules, and just make this THE BEST tourney of all time, until next year's Texas Teams of course.

Congrats to my fellow Warlock Team mates!!! 2nd place last year in emerging just made this year's 1st place finish in Merged that much better., and good effort to our second place team, hopefully next year you guys will be the ones on top of the merged division....

Also wanted to say Congrats to Brady(a fellow San Angelo DGer) from Team Pease. Congrats on your win....
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:25 pm

Congrats on the win! Some of my friends from Dallas played with the Crowley team and they all said it was an awesome event. I hope to have enough players for an emerging team next year here in Texarkana...or I might just try to sneak into one of the teams from Dallas :D
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby warlocks00 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Thanks.....Hey I don't see why you couldn't sneak on a team from the DFW area....The Abilene team only had 2 players than live in Abilene, the rest were from Austin(only 3 1/2 hrs away). Last year the Big Spring team that beat us in the finals only had 1 player from BS. The rest were from Z-boaz.

I didn't play vs. Crowley, our SA2 team did though. Anyway if you can make this event, you NEED TO, it's the best DG tourney there is. Because it's more of a party than a cut throat I gotta win event....now that doesn't mean teams don't want to win. The cheers we heard across the courses from the EST. teams said that very clearly. Don't know what they were cheering about, but it was LOUD!!!!
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:23 pm

More than anything, I just wanted another chance to play Circle R...probably the best course I've ever played. With all the rumors about it closing down I really want to get there at least once more in the very near future...wonder if there are any other events coming soon?? 2008 world doubles??

...enter ZAMson with the answer :lol:
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby DELETED » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:07 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby warlocks00 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:03 am

ZAMson wrote:I know several events will be held at CR in 2008, with Am World Dubs, World's Biggest, and Texas Teams being the definite ones, and a few others are possible.

That right there is some great news...I knew they were sure making it sound like this was going to happen again. I've never been to Am Dubs, but I think several of us are going to try and make that as well next year. Texas Teams for sure though....
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:16 am

Great news indeed! What time of year is World's Biggest? Am Dubs?
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby steezo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 am

Hey ZAMson-
Great artwork and Tourn man- Had a blast. A little birdie told me that there might be cabins before next year Teams-that would be awesome.
Hey if anyone has a Blue XL Hoodie and would like a Black XL Hoddie-let me know, as I would liek a Blue one.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby DELETED » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:24 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby DELETED » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:35 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby warlocks00 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 am

steezo wrote:Hey if anyone has a Blue XL Hoodie and would like a Black XL Hoddie-let me know, as I would liek a Blue one.

Did you ask them at the office? They had a navy blue XL hoodie they were trying to give me instead of the black XXL I orderd. This was the second time(out of the 2 times I have been) that they messed up on our order and I didn't get a shirt(hoodie this year). Although they are suppose to get some more made and ship it to me. If I would have taken the blue one, I would have gladly traded you...even thought about it when they were trying to give it to me, but didnt' know if I would see(meet you) you. Or if you would swap it out at the event. Anyway, you might call CP and ask....
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby DELETED » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby steezo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:38 am

Warlock-
You know Donavn? I'ved played with him alot. I got to play with Jason and Ashley- both guys craked me up-Jason playing with his shirt off talking about playing naked disc golf and Ashley wishing he'd brought his Speedo to play in. LOL
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby warlocks00 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:21 am

ZAMson, I bet it was a huge deal giving that many options like they did. I screen print for a living. So I know all about it......If you guys place isn't reliable. Order them from me next year.... :lol: I was the only one out of our 2 teams that went that didn't get what they ordered. Maybe I should just get you to send me the file and print one for myself.... :wink: I would rather the blue on the back be printed in white anyway to it stands out. Oh well, we'll see what comes of it.

Steezo, hell yeah I know those guys. Donavan(or Patty as we call him) is one of my good buddies. You played with him this weekend? And played vs. those other guys? What team were you on? I was on the SA1 team, better known as the Warlocks Ams3 spot. Petty and Holton were on SA2.

I'm suprised if Ashley was talking about his speedo, you didn't see something you didn't want. He's not lying about wearing a speedo(and flipflops) to play in. It's not a pretty site either... :x (this emoticon needs some throwup coming out of his mouth) Petty is probably my oldest friend...Known each other since 1st grade.

Anyway way most of us played inline hockey together...That's where Warlocks come from. Got to a point where it hurt to much to get up the next morning so we picked up Disc Golf....when we found out you could carry a beer while playing....we quit hcokey :lol: We won 6 city championships before we called it good though.
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby steezo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:53 am

I know Donavn from playing with him in Burnet where he works. I didn'y get to play with him but saw him on the course and shot the shit. Ashely cracked me up the whole weekend. Tell Donavn that Parker said hi-I'm sure I might see him befor eyou do with his work schedule.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments