9th Pecan Park Open Nacogdoches TX B-Tier

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

9th Pecan Park Open Nacogdoches TX B-Tier

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:07 pm

The 9th Annual Pecan Park Open will be held April 19-20, 2008.
4 rounds, all divisions, standard entry fees.
B-Tier event
2 rounds at Pecan Park, 2 rounds at pioneer

Tournament Director: Craig Lewis (936)554-1273
for more info check out http://www.naccrushers.com or http://www.lsdga.com

Pre-register @ http://www.titledisc.com
Last edited by Grayson on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby scoot_er » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:44 am

You going to try and do skins this year? I predict -40 will win Open
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:59 am

I don't think we'll be doing skins this year, but I'll bring it up to the guys,,, are you talking about maybe a friday skins round?? I think we usually try to do an afternoon doubles round at pecan on friday before the tourney...

I think -30 would be a more realistic open winner prediction... last year JD Ramirez took it with a -24, but mainly because pioneer park was pretty wet... open players usual can shoot in the low 40s at pecan, but pioneer is a little tougher, i would love to see someone torch that course with a low 40s score,, it can be done, especially since we don't have many open players in Nac and i've seen several -8 scores out there,,,

I saw on pdga.com that you took 1st a couple years out there,, u coming this year?
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:24 pm

ok, so i talked to the guys and they said yes, they will be doing a sunday skins for the top 4 open and top 2 amateurs,, they said they do this every year,,
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby RustyP » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 am

Sweet...think I'll have to hit this one up this year. I've heard good things about the event and the courses. Any place to camp nearby? I'm trying to avoid paying for a hotel if possible...

...and I didn't realize that its a 3-hr drive from Texarkana! I figured anywhere in East Texas would be closer than that :)
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby matchu » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 am

this is a tourney I hope to go this year !
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:36 pm

there are some decent campgrounds in Nac, camp tonkawa is a few miles outside of town, there are also RV parks all over Nacogdoches,,,
we've also got some run down motels that should only set you back about $30...

let me know if you got problems finding a spot, and i'll see what i can do...
we're running our own tourney this year, the past few years it was put on by rick bannister,, we're also gonna get help from Jerry Power (pro master world champ out of tyler, tx) just to make sure everything runs smoothly...
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby heddleston » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:47 pm

stink! i grew up in nac, and will be spending the summer in nac, but wont be there till end of may. I know you guys usually do minis every weekend, but will there be anything else this summer?
heddleston
Noob

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:48 pm

stink! i grew up in nac, and will be spending the summer in nac, but wont be there till end of may. I know you guys usually do minis every weekend, but will there be anything else this summer?

typically our only PDGA sanctioned event is the Pecan Park Open in April, and we'll be doing Ice Bowls from now on every Jan/Feb. As far as club events, we have the minis every saturday (check http://www.naccrushers.com for times/location/format) we usually get together on sundays at 2pm for an informal money round.

Every 2 months or so we try to do a non-club sponsered tourney where we play Super 9s or alternate tees. that's usually where you can win the most money.

This summer our big project will probably be installing our newest Nac course at Lake Nacogdoches (if things work out). We'd definatly have a large tourney for its grand opening whenever that will be. We just got permission from the parks dept. to build the course, and the land allotted is actually larger than pecan and pioneer parks, so we have high hopes for it.

come home for the weekend and play in the pecan park open! it's only a few hours away from college station. our minis are growing as we are now getting more organized. typical tournout is about 20-30 players, sometimes larger.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby ApesOfWrath » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm

I too grew up in Nac. A course out at the lake would be awesome.

I'm debating making the trip down for the tournament. Leaning towards yes at this point.

Edit: I've played Pecan a lot, but only with friends and family. Anyway, I'm curious how well some of the more serious players down there shoot on that course. What is a typical winning score at one of the minis?
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:56 pm

ApesOfWrath wrote:Edit: I've played Pecan a lot, but only with friends and family. Anyway, I'm curious how well some of the more serious players down there shoot on that course. What is a typical winning score at one of the minis?

typically at pecan our top club players will shoot 47-50 @ Pecan in our minis, but sometimes you only gotta shoot a smooth 54 to take it. We don't have any open players in our club, but we have some that play advanced. At pioneer, the mini winners shoot about 50-54. For doubles (which we play every other weekend) it takes about a 44-48 to win it. Pioneer doubles is all over the map, it's about whoever's on that day. You can check out PDGA's website for how ppl performed in last years open. JD Ramirez has ruled the tourney for the past few years, postin low 40s rounds consistently.

I hope you can make it down to some of our minis or the pecan park open, just PM if you ever need someone to throw a round with.

A course out at the lake would be awesome

it would be, the city gave us enough land to put in two courses, so that's what we hope to shoot for, basically we really going to step up the fundraising for it after the open in april, hopefully we can get some good support on our side from the city and local sponsers. It'd be nice to get a little more technical course or maybe a course with multiple tees and pins.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby heddleston » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:41 pm

I need to change my profile. I'm in idaho now. otherwise driving from college station wouldn't be a problem. :cry:

will you guys be selling fund raiser discs? pm me cause I would love to buy some. the lake nac courses sound awesome!
heddleston
Noob

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm

heddleston wrote:I need to change my profile. I'm in idaho now. otherwise driving from college station wouldn't be a problem. :cry:

will you guys be selling fund raiser discs? pm me cause I would love to buy some. the lake nac courses sound awesome!

oh, Idaho's a different thing! well, i undestand if you can't make it this one time :roll:
if not, hope to see you out this summer, those minis in july and august are sometimes a test of will, fighting fire ants, the all imposing sun, and melted discs.

Yeah, we'll be selling fund raiser discs, we're hoping to get them up on the site, i'll let you know when they come in if you want to and if nothing else I could just mail them to you. I should know exactly what we're getting in the next week or two.

-Grayson
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:12 pm

ok, we should be getting set up with titledisc.com soon for pre-registration. The listing is already up on the site, but you still can't register for it quite yet.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:22 pm

here's the tshirt design for the tourney, kinda cartoony, but it still resembles most other PPO logos that we've had
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Next

Return to Tournaments