A-Tier - Pro Players Package?

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pro's Players Package?

A Couple Choice Discs?
5%
A hoody or long sleeve shirt?
30%
Screw that, put the money into the purse for winning.
60%
Other Suggestion, please see post below.
5%

Total votes : 20

A-Tier - Pro Players Package?

Postby Fritz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:37 am

I'm running an A-Tier this year, the State Championships for Colorado - Pro Division and I"m wondering what you think I should do for a players package?
Please Vote. Post if you want as well.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jamsisjams » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 am

As an amateur I've received a couple of discs. Clothing is simply whatever for me. If I was a pro, I'd want that money.

What about equipment like quad shocks, bags, or seats? If you want to go the clothing route, why not a rain jacket, under armor, etc?
Last edited by jamsisjams on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:43 am

Dryfit polo.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Fritz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:14 am

What about a hat? I just found a site that does custom Flex Fit hats for a great price.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby jtkustomizer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:43 am

Fritz wrote:What about a hat? I just found a site that does custom Flex Fit hats for a great price.

I personally do not like flex fit hats because they flex out but never flex in....they stretch out and are wortheless after that.

As somebody that wears a hat on a daily basis real fitted hats are the best in my opinion but it would be hard to judge what sizes you will need to order for your tourny and you would more than likely have extras that you couldnt get rid of.

Just add more cash to the payout. and If the pros want more discs they can buy them :wink:
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby Micah » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:01 pm

Most pro's I know would rather have the cash. As a guy moving to open for the first time with slim hopes for cashing at an A tier I would love a long sleeve tee. They should be relatively inexpensive $8-$10 and cool to have around. Plastic is different for everybody, I doubt you could even offer a disc that I would want in my bag plus every other tournament throws out plastic.
Micah
Tree Magnet

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Possibly a dryfit shirt or polo..something like that. As long as you're not taking money from the purse.
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby roadkill » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:37 pm

I think all players including pros should get something.

If it is an A-tier you should have a decent amount of added cash as well as merchandise sponsors. If you can get a merchandise sponsor to donate 100 of something be it a lid with the tourney stamp, a t-shirt, bag tag, whatever it helps to placate the two thirds of the pro field that didn't cash.

Entry fees are usually $ 80-100 and there are many added expenses since most Atiers are two day events. Players should have something to show for that kind of investment regardless of their performance.

I know some TDs give all the sponsored merchandise to the ams then take the retail value of said sponsorship and put it into the pro purse. I think that's a bad idea since the majority of the pro field aren't going to be paid. Attendence at Atiers has really declined in the open division largely because the top players are catered to and the middle and bottom end pros are ignored.

It's no skin off my nose either way since I've bumped to pro masters and now cash at every event I enter, but as a TD you should want to be fair to the majority of players so they'll be satisfied and return next year.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Fritz » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 am

I got it.

What you guys think of this:

A Ultimate style lid + a long sleeve shirt and lunch for the Pro's Players Package?

Pro's have plastic they throw, how kewl would it be to get a ultimate style lid for catch and everything with teh states stamp on it.

Fee for entry is gonna be 125$

Edit: The A-tier I'm running is Pro's only, so I guess Players Package :lol:
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Timko » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:20 pm

A lid would be sweet. If you could put that with a dryfit shirt of some type, I think that most pro players would be happy with that package.

And food is always good :).
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby ziggy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:11 pm

i would take food. lunch and supper covered would be a wonderful addition.

Free camping would be a plus as well (hot water, hint hint)

golf carts at the course.

shade at convenient spots out in the open.

lil hot dog stands that sell drinks + food conveniently located at holes that back up.

if you really want to surprise the pros..

have a tee sign at one hole (surprise 'em)

and have every pre-registered pro player listed on that tee-sign with a huge "thank you for pre-registering"
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Ziggy, let me know when you host a tourney.

,,,, and one other thing to add to the list...

.... attractive young women offering massages between rounds
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Big Weekend » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:54 am

Fritz wrote:I got it.

What you guys think of this:

A Ultimate style lid + a long sleeve shirt and lunch for the Pro's Players Package?

Pro's have plastic they throw, how kewl would it be to get a ultimate style lid for catch and everything with teh states stamp on it.

Fee for entry is gonna be 125$

Edit: The A-tier I'm running is Pro's only, so I guess Players Package :lol:

Sound like a perfect combo to me Fritz. I personally like to have something with the tourney stamp on it. Be it a disc or shirt it doesn't matter. Hats are a bad choice imo opinion because it's a 50/50 on if you wear them. Can't wait to see what you have cookin on the Western slope for States.
Big Weekend
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Blue Pro Rhyno

Postby Fritz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:58 am

Big Weekend wrote:Can't wait to see what you have cookin on the Western slope for States.

Brutality!!! :P :twisted: I have designed a couple holes that will make you cry for momma!
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby ziggy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:32 pm

roadkill wrote:Ziggy, let me know when you host a tourney.

,,,, and one other thing to add to the list...

.... attractive young women offering massages between rounds

That could be done. Trick is to find a women's "team" that you are willing to sponsor in return for this/that duty. tic for tac i believe is the old adage

for ex: your local women's softball team.. they might need a sponsor of X dollar amount or someone willing to volunteer their time/effort in aspects of their game be it scorekeeper, umpire, or cleaning the fields.. or even someone to help promote their game.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Tournaments