what kinda stuff would you take if you were going to BG?

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

what kinda stuff would you take if you were going to BG?

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:10 pm

to be prepared for rain?

2 pairs of clothes per day (change between rounds if I get super wet)
1 pair of seal skins (if its raining good)
2 pairs of wool socks
1 umbrella

don't have the seal skins or the umbrella but was thinking about picking them up tomorrow. anyone use/ suggest a waterproof shell or something?

I really just want to be as prepared as possible.
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby DaPats » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 am

A waterproof jacket and pants are huge if you are playing in rain all day. Staying dry is key and use that umbrella to cover your bag when it on the ground. Put a few towels in zip lock bags so you have a dry towel every few holes. Have fun at BG.
DaPats
Tree Magnet

Postby jamsisjams » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:27 am

Definitely get waterproof clothing, such as pants and jackets. You can get away with breathable shoes but investing in waterproof socks and/or shoes will go a long way, too. If you're going to be playing multiple rounds over the weekend, it might be worth it to get back ups for certain items, such as socks.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:10 am

A stool! Holy crap, a stool!

I went to BG last year, and play can be very slow at times. You'll be very thankful that you have a chair/stool of some kind, even if it's just for post-round or while watching various events throughout the weekend.

I have this stool, and it's more like a chair, but the strap makes it very portable, and having a back on your stool to lean upon is worth it's weight in gold.

Also, though it was a bit of a pain, we bought lots of food (lunchmeat, PB&J, breakfast bars, snacks) and a big cooler that we kept refilling with ice from the hotel ice machine throughout the weekend. Not only did it slash our cost for the weekend by a significant amount, but we didn't get the "oh my god i feel like crap from eating fast food for 4 straight days" feeling, and could also just hang out at the course between rounds and not have to worry about leaving and finding food, etc.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: what kinda stuff would you take if you were going to BG?

Postby mark12b » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:41 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:anyone use/ suggest a waterproof shell or something?

i use the rain gear i have for hiking -- rei mistral pants (schoeller fabric is water-resistant, very breathable and non-slippery, great stuff) and marmot precip jacket (waterproof, breathable, light). these are kind of expensive.

cheaper alternatives would include frogg toggs (popular with ball-golfers, apparently they are sold in pro shops), and red ledge (sold in some sporting goods stores).
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby wdb4th » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 pm

I am taking some discs too
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby RustyP » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Attaching a towel to the inside of your umbrella is a handy little trick I've seen a lot of people use in the rain. Just a good way to keep your "hand towel" dry and easily accessible.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Return to Tournaments