Ozark Mountain Open

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Furthur wrote:who's actually going to this event? No one from Texas or Oklahoma is coming?
50 or so players signed up. About 30 of them are St. Louis guys. I'm sure more will show. Dave didn't get it on the calendar until about a month ago, so that hurt the numbers.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Working Stiff » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:40 am

My parents live 20 minutes from Dave's grandfathers place...I talked to them at lunch, they say it has been pouring all morning and it is supposed to rain until tomorrow afternoon. Kids soccer is already being canceled in Rolla for tomorrow because it is so muddy. Camping might be a little soggy. The sun is supposed to come out Sunday, and Sunday is the two-round day. So hopefully the courses will dry up a bit and Sunday will be a good day.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Timko » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 am

When my body isn't aching, I'll actually write up a review, but in the meantime....

Ozark is a sick course. As an entire course, I still put West Lake as my #1, but Ozark is a beast. There's no such thing as graduated rough there. You're either in the fairway, or pitching back out. #16 (5 Hyzers) is one of the most unique holes I've ever played. Akita's Run was pretty fun too. 8 Up, 9 Down are very interesting as well.

Great event, great courses. Nikko shot a 60 at Ozark, and it plays a couple strokes harder than in the past. His missed a couple inside the circle, so he could have been in the 50's. I'll let you guys who have played there just ponder that number.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby phisherman77 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:11 am

you call that a tourney writeup?

i'm waiting, ahem, expecting something a little more detailed from you chris.
phisherman77
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:39 pm

phisherman77 wrote:you call that a tourney writeup?

i'm waiting, ahem, expecting something a little more detailed from you chris.

Still recovering from yesterday. Damned "avocado" butter was on everything I ate...
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Previous

Return to Tournaments