Upcoming Texas Tourneys

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Upcoming Texas Tourneys

Postby RustyP » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Blink wrote:I'll likely be at that one. I planned on playing the one in Tyler too, but it seems someone set up a small tourney at my home course veterans the same day, so I'll likely be out there.

Its a tournament organized by NORML. I think its december 6th. All I've seen is a flyer at the park actually.

A tourney organized by NORML...exactly what disc golf needs to pull away from that stoner stereotype :lol: :? :(

I'm not sure about Tyler yet...trying to find a cheap way to stay the night without sleeping in my car ;) If I can't make it to that one, I'll definitely play the event in Crowley.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Grayson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:17 pm

I'll be in Tyler, I live in Nacogdoches, so this is the closest PDGA tourney all year apart from our local B-Tier in April. I signed up as soon as it was up on titledisc.
Our local club is sponsoring this tourney as well, so our crew will be out there in full force.
Nice technical courses with some long wholes in there (one is over 1000ft!)
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby curt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Anyone from Austin planning on heading up to Crowley this weekend, and interested in riding together?
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby disc junkie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:31 pm

anyone know of any tourneys coming up in the Austin area?? I finally after almost 10 years of playing signed up for the PDGA and Im ready to get some tourney action
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby curt » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:38 pm

There is a tourny on wednesday, which is a last chance to get some rated rounds before the new year, though i'm not quite sure when it is. Jan. 17th is the san marcos Ice Bowl, which I know little about and its an X-tier which means no ratings, but it may be a good place to go play and size yourself up so you'll know what division to play in (i know this is something you had mentioned being concerned about). Also, Team Justice's HOTT tour will be up and running soon (likely around March) and all their events are w/in an hour of Austin, and they host some great events. I highly recommend these. As for others keep an eye on the pdga's tour schedule page: http://pdga.com/tour-schedule?startMont ... tYear=2009
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Leopard » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 am

hey curt -- are you the curt that i know? mopac maniac curt? just wondering.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby disc junkie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:22 am

curt wrote:There is a tourny on wednesday, which is a last chance to get some rated rounds before the new year, though i'm not quite sure when it is. Jan. 17th is the san marcos Ice Bowl, which I know little about and its an X-tier which means no ratings, but it may be a good place to go play and size yourself up so you'll know what division to play in (i know this is something you had mentioned being concerned about). Also, Team Justice's HOTT tour will be up and running soon (likely around March) and all their events are w/in an hour of Austin, and they host some great events. I highly recommend these. As for others keep an eye on the pdga's tour schedule page: http://pdga.com/tour-schedule?startMont ... tYear=2009

cery cool! thanks for the info curt
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby RustyP » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 am

There are plenty of good events in the Dallas / Ft Worth area...pretty much every month of the year :D You Austin guys should load up the van and make a roadtrip some weekend...if I knew you doods were coming up, I'd make it a point to head West and play with yous guyses. There are a few people from this board who live in the DFW, so we could have a mini DGR family reunion...or "union" rather, since most of us have never met in person.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby disc junkie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:57 am

RustyP wrote:There are plenty of good events in the Dallas / Ft Worth area...pretty much every month of the year :D You Austin guys should load up the van and make a roadtrip some weekend...if I knew you doods were coming up, I'd make it a point to head West and play with yous guyses. There are a few people from this board who live in the DFW, so we could have a mini DGR family reunion...or "union" rather, since most of us have never met in person.

Now that sounds like one helluva a plan, holmes. I acutally am trying to plan a way to do some traveling to some Texas tourneys so hopefully some of us A-town locals plus anyone in the surrounding area can all gather up and take over some of the tourneys this year!

I can hear it now....."Those crazy DGRers are here again, there goes my chance of winning" hahahaha...It would be sweet to have at least one of us place at each tourney.
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Blink » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Yeah I've only seen a couple DGR'ers, and I see Scooter at most big tourneys around here. I think most of them are just hidin, I saw Rusty's name at the last Crowley tournament I just haven't gone lookin for him yet lol.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby curt » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm

hey curt -- are you the curt that i know? mopac maniac curt? just wondering

I don't believe so. While I have seen you around at a few tournaments, I am not sure we've ever really spoken, and I am unaware of any nickaname along the lines of "mopac maniac". However, I did enjoy your designs for the HOTT series, good work and keep it up.

Also, I am virtually always up for travelling up to DFW for a tournament. Classy events at great courses, so if anyone from ATX wants to travel together, I am always game. (and I have some great camping gear)
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Postby disc junkie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:25 am

curt wrote:
hey curt -- are you the curt that i know? mopac maniac curt? just wondering

I don't believe so. While I have seen you around at a few tournaments, I am not sure we've ever really spoken, and I am unaware of any nickaname along the lines of "mopac maniac". However, I did enjoy your designs for the HOTT series, good work and keep it up.

Also, I am virtually always up for travelling up to DFW for a tournament. Classy events at great courses, so if anyone from ATX wants to travel together, I am always game. (and I have some great camping gear)

Count me in, Im going to play as many tourneys this year as I can afford. Plus Im all about camping.....good times will be had
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby RustyP » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Dynamic Discs Winter Warm-up 2009
A 1-day, PDGA-sanctioned B-Tier event
Saturday, January 31st - Lewisville, TX
1 Round @ Lake Park / 1 Round @ LL Woods

To sign-up, contact TD Jeremy Rusco at 620-786-5314 or sign-up online at DynamicDiscs.com
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Blink » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:15 am

Pretty sure I'll be at that one since at least I know what's coming this time around.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby RustyP » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:17 am

I want to...but $75 is pretty steep for a 1-day, especially considering I'll have to either renew my PDGA membership first (another $75) or pay an extra $10 for the event. DD puts on a great tourney, but I think I'll wait until the next 2-day event in the DFW...I always do better at those anyway :)
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments