Upcoming Texas Tourneys

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Upcoming Texas Tourneys

Postby disc junkie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 am

steezo wrote:
disc junkie wrote:
Ted Damson wrote:I'm thinking about going to Gonzales and staffing the day I don't play (AM2). Probably sleeping in the car unless camping in the park is an option.

if youre gonna be there Sat. I will be there for AM1 :D

I'll be there for Sunday :wink: We should all camp out and .... blast off 8)

You playing in the Open division these days Sleezo or you playing Am2?
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby scoot_er » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:19 pm

steezo wrote:
Blink wrote:I see what you did there. I kinda wanna play the amateur doubles. Haven't ever gone that far out of town for a tourney yet.

I wouldn't plan such a far trip for AM State Dubs only because the course it not the greatest. Now if you were to play Pro Dubs, those courses are fantastic.

But if you like fun and getting wasted this is the place for you.

I am also thinking of PLaying Gonzo as I WILL qualify for the bonus money this year even if I have to play some C=tiers.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby steezo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:18 pm

scoot_er wrote:
steezo wrote:
Blink wrote:I see what you did there. I kinda wanna play the amateur doubles. Haven't ever gone that far out of town for a tourney yet.

I wouldn't plan such a far trip for AM State Dubs only because the course it not the greatest. Now if you were to play Pro Dubs, those courses are fantastic.

But if you like fun and getting wasted this is the place for you.

I am also thinking of PLaying Gonzo as I WILL qualify for the bonus money this year even if I have to play some C=tiers.

Getting wasted and trying to find your way around in 4 feet of grass because the camping area was never mowed isn't fun :( A great private place to have a good time but the course always needs work that it never recieves. I am excited to see how these two 1 day tournaments are going to play out.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

AM World Doubles

Postby curt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm

http://www.circularproductions.com/am_w ... mpage.html

Anyone else thinking about heading out to Circle R Ranch for a sweet weekend of doubles and in need of a partner?

I missed this last year and would hate to do it again, but am in need of a partner.

A little about myself:
I am a 922 rated lefty, who has just started playing advanced this year (but will play intermediate for this one).
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Blink » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 am

I would but I'm heading out to Texas state doubles in Round Top the same weekend I think. I've been looking for an excuse to go camping, and this one's on the course!

Its gonna be a good month to be in the DF dub:

14th & 15th, A to Z doubles
21st, Crowley Ice bowl
27th-1st, Texas state doubles
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby scoot_er » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Blink wrote:I would but I'm heading out to Texas state doubles in Round Top the same weekend I think. I've been looking for an excuse to go camping, and this one's on the course!

Its gonna be a good month to be in the DF dub:

14th & 15th, A to Z doubles
21st, Crowley Ice bowl
27th-1st, Texas state doubles

He is talking about World doubles which is after Round Top on the 28th. There is also Tx State Pro Dubs going on but I think I will be skipping that to go to back to back B-tiers in Dallas due to the points/money thing.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blink » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:32 am

Yeah I noticed the similar names for these doubles tourneys lol. I guess you were going to make the DD tourney in McKinney on the 28th? I suck at woods courses, and that one's gonna be fresh cut I think, so I'm gonna save myself the shame of defeat. I just plain like playing doubles anywho.

Ice bowl is a charity event but it sounds fun either way with an ace pot, multiple CTP contests, and $5 flip doubles afterwards. E-Mac signed up too, I didn't know he would be in town. No tellin what the weather will do in February though...
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Postby scoot_er » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Blink wrote:Yeah I noticed the similar names for these doubles tourneys lol. I guess you were going to make the DD tourney in McKinney on the 28th? I suck at woods courses, and that one's gonna be fresh cut I think, so I'm gonna save myself the shame of defeat. I just plain like playing doubles anywho.

Ice bowl is a charity event but it sounds fun either way with an ace pot, multiple CTP contests, and $5 flip doubles afterwards. E-Mac signed up too, I didn't know he would be in town. No tellin what the weather will do in February though...

Yeah the one in Mckinney and then another one the next day run by Rusco! Both B-tiers.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sth1oo6 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Both are in McKinney. Feb. 28 is at Harmony Hills, a private course just outside town and March 1 will be at Towne Lake. I think Rusco will be running both of them
I run a non-profit home for beaten and abused rocs.
sth1oo6
Noob

Favorite Disc: beat Roc

Postby scoot_er » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Anyone going to Victoria this weekend? I am thinking of camping at the park if the weather is nice as there is usually a decent group of people who do the same.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blink » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:24 pm

I can't usually find people who wanna head as far as San Antonio or Austin, otherwise I would try and make it for that one. Especially the ones you can camp at hah. The closest to me is a Wichita Falls 2 day tourney this weekend, but I might not even get out for that one. Veterans park mini is always nice to fall back on I guess...

Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Postby jtkustomizer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Is there any one day tourneys down in the San Antoinio /Austin Area next weekend?

My dad and I are thinking about driving down there to visit my grandpa and he said he would take me to a tournament down there if we go.

Just Asking :wink:
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby Blink » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 pm

I just check the pdga event schedule for tourneys, or titledisc maybe.

Not sure where ya'll were at the DD Harmony Hill Huk. Awesome private course modeled after the USDGC course with island greens, shots over/near water, roped off OB, basically a hole mimicking each one at Winthrop. They had glow firebirds/wraiths, champion vipers/archangels, and I also picked up the last z xtreme they had. I only wish I had picked it up before the tourney...

Next up for me looks like the Titledisc Squite Shoot(in Mesquite) on the 29th with doubles the day before.

After that it will most likely be the Lone Star Amateur Championships in Crowley on April 18th and 19th. This looks like it will be a really exciting tournament. Players package will be 3 discs and a T-shirt! Also there will be a skins match afterwards between the 5 top scoring players of the event.

Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Grayson » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:26 am

Anyone going to the RedRock Show??
I think I've finally got approval from the wife to go to this one. My last tourney in that area didn't go so well (live oak). It'll be nice though to get out of east texas to play on a different course.

Anyone played Moody's course?
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby disc junkie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am

Grayson wrote:Anyone going to the RedRock Show??
I think I've finally got approval from the wife to go to this one. My last tourney in that area didn't go so well (live oak). It'll be nice though to get out of east texas to play on a different course.

Anyone played Moody's course?

I have never played Moody's, but I am registered to play for the Red Rock Show in the Open division.

I will be there starting friday night through sunday
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments