Anyone going to Paw Paw for WVO 2008?

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Anyone going to Paw Paw for WVO 2008?

Postby roadkill » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:33 pm

The 2008 West Virginia Open A-tier is 8/30-31.

Anyone from these forums going?

This is a great time. While only pro divisions are offered it is an amazing tournament on two incredible courses. If you play advanced am and want to test your mettle on two very challenging courses I encourage you to register and make the trip to Paw Paw. It's an experience you'll remeber and talk about for decades.

Three rounds over two days and camping on private property. The two courses' SSA is around 62. Lots of elevation changes, big open boomer holes as well as tight thread the needle stuff. I've played around 70 courses and no other courses I've seen are like these 2.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby tim » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:08 am

I'll be there.

This is on the short list of best tournaments I know of and definitely not to be missed. I encourage everyone who can drive/fly/bike/walk/crawl to West Virginia to get out there. You will find no more hospitable place or fun weekend than the WVO. It's one of the most pristine and beautiful places I know of to camp and is a weekend that is simply good for the soul.

I know it's pro only, but if you are an Am, come on out and play up -- I did it last year as a 935-rated player and had an amazing time and got to play on cards with some of the top touring pros as well as some great local pros. My first round, I got to watch Moser shoot a course record 56 on the Woodshed, and managed to beat Jay Reading (who admittedly was having an off-round). Definitely one of my most memorable weekends of disc golf ever. Later, watched 12-year old David Wigging crushing spinning-360 bombers off the top of one of the hills.

Live music, big fires, stars so bright they are almost blinding. WVO is like no other DG event on the planet. The relaxed time with friends -- old and new -- from all over is just awesome.

If you have any questions about the courses, event, travel, lodging, etc... don't hesitate to ask.

Hope to see you there.
Flick long and prosper.
VP/Wizard | Roc/Buzz | Firebird | Teebird | Destroyer
Vibram Putter tester -- feel free to ask me any questions.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Return to Tournaments