*Updated* 2008 LA States - 10/18-10/19 Shreveport, LA

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

*Updated* 2008 LA States - 10/18-10/19 Shreveport, LA

Postby RustyP » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:08 pm

I *think* we have some Louisiana folks on here that would be interested in this event...considering the course it's on this year, anyone in the 4-states area should consider attending!!

2008 Louisiana State Championships
PDGA B-Tier Event
October 18-19 -- Doyline (Shreveport), LA
Lake Bistineau State Park DGC

3 18-hole rounds with a final 6 skins match for top 4 Open spots...if I understood the info right, the final 6 will actually be a Pro/Am doubles match. Ams will have a chance to enter a raffle to be an Open player's dubs partner. Sounds pretty interresting to me!

To my knowledge, this is only the 3rd event at this new course, and should definitely be the largest so far! If you haven't been here or heard about it yet, Lake Bistineau is a real Louisiana beauty...several lake-side holes, huge cypress trees with hanging Spanish moss, great mix of open/tight, long/short, alternate pins on most holes, very challenging!! I'll try to find some pics...

Aside from the awesome golf, there are many cabins at the park that sleep 6-8 people for something like $80/night (2 or 3 of them are actually on the DG course). These will probably fill up fast, so contact Lake Bistineau Parks Office at 877-226-7652 if you're interested in reserving a cabin for that weekend.

There aren't any details posted yet (reg costs, schedule, etc), since we're still over 2 months away, but this course is awesome and I'd love to see some big numbers in attendance!! I'll be checking the Southern Nationals website regularly for details, and will keep this bulletin up to date as info comes in.
Last edited by RustyP on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby curt » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:50 pm

From what I've heard around Shreveport, the tournament will actually be split between Ford Park and Lake Bistenau. With one pool playing a day at each course.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby RustyP » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:38 am

curt wrote:From what I've heard around Shreveport, the tournament will actually be split between Ford Park and Lake Bistenau. With one pool playing a day at each course.

Really? Seems a little odd since those courses are at least 30 minutes from each other. I'll have to get in touch with Kevin Pelton (TD) to find out more about that...

Personally, I hope it's all at Bistineau...mainly becuase it's a much more challenging course, but also because we're staying in one of those cabins on the course :D
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby RustyP » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 am

***Update***

I got a response from Kevin Pelton, the TD of this tourney...he said that the original plan was to split the event between Lake Bistineau and Ford Park, but instead they are going to cut Ford out of the equation and install a 2nd temporary course at Bistineau for this event!!!

I'm going out to this course next weekend for some practice rounds, and I'll try to grab some pics for anyone who is interested.
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby RustyP » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:25 am

Another quick update....

This is now going to be a PDGA B-Tier...so all you rating junkies (like myself) can feel free to consider playing now ;)

Also, I know how much the entry fees are, but haven't found out anything regarding pre-registration yet:

Divisions
OPEN $65
MASTER $55
GRAND MASTER $45
WOMEN $40
SR. GRANDMASTER $40
ADVANCED MEN $40
ADVANCED MASTER $35
AM MEN $30
AM WOMEN $25
AM MASTER $25 (no pdga points)
JUNIOR $20
NOVICE $15

more to come soon...hopefully.
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Return to Tournaments