Texas Teams - DGR group

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby geoloseth » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

I knew you would be junkie. So that's two probably that aren't waiting for another team. Only 4 more. we could even play in DGR themed/logoed banana hammocks to try for the best dressed team award...or not...just a thought...not like I like that sort of thing you know...DONT JUDGE ME!
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby warlocks00 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:33 am

You won't regret getting a team together for this...it's by far the best tourney I have ever played in. The Warlocks will be there....and this year we are stepping up to the big boys division(to probably get our butts whooped since we really have no true pros....but we'll have a blast doing it none-the-less).

Can't wait for Texas Teams!!!!!
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm

I'm in for Team DGR if this is still gonna happen :twisted:
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby disc junkie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 pm

Yo Seth

any updates on TEAM DGR............i got my american flag banana hammock on pre-order
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Leopard » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm

here's an update:

i am sick of looking at code for the registration site.

(registration will be up later tonight)
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Leopard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:21 am

Teams Registration is up

one sign-up per team
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby geoloseth » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Right now it looks like we have just three guys stepping up right now: rusty, Jason, and myself. We still need at least three more guys.

Also if my new job works out I might have to fight for Saturdays off. So I will let you guys know sometime soon if I will for certain be able to make it. Also , I already have my banana hammock and I'm wearing it right now.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RustyP » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 am

So we have 3....anyone else interested?

There are some awesome events in Novemeber, but this is my first choice by far. If we end up not having enough for a team, I'll probably end up playing Horseshoe Canyonfest in Northwest Arkansas instead.

...or the tourney at Bud Hill in Memphis, TN...heard great things about both of those courses.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby warlocks00 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 am

We've got a guy here in town that really wants to play Texas Teams...it's just that our 2 six man teams filled up before he let anyone know. He'd fill one of the bottom spots(Ams 2 or 3)....if you guys are looking that is. Just a thought.
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:38 am

From reading the PDGA forums it looks like this event might fill up before we're able to get a DGR team together (though I'm not even sure we have enough interested people to do that), so I'm going to pull my name from the hat so to speak. Still gonna play Wimberly, but I'm opting for the HOTT Final instead so I can get some rated rounds and *maybe* some cash payout if I'm lucky ;)

I REALLY wish I could play both, but I talked to my wallet last night, and she consulted my bank account...and lets just say that neither approved my request. Good luck to anyone who's still playing Teams!
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby WareHouseDude » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:44 am

RustyP wrote:From reading the PDGA forums it looks like this event might fill up before we're able to get a DGR team together (though I'm not even sure we have enough interested people to do that), so I'm going to pull my name from the hat so to speak. Still gonna play Wimberly, but I'm opting for the HOTT Final instead so I can get some rated rounds and *maybe* some cash payout if I'm lucky ;)

I REALLY wish I could play both, but I talked to my wallet last night, and she consulted my bank account...and lets just say that neither approved my request. Good luck to anyone who's still playing Teams!

Both events are going to be bad ass

The courses are starting to look good

Wish i could play in one or the other

But looks like I am running both
WareHouseDude
Noob

Postby Leopard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 am

WareHouseDude wrote:Both events are going to be bad ass

The courses are starting to look good

Wish i could play in one or the other

But looks like I am running both

DG poetry at its best.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby RustyP » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:06 pm

"to play or not to play"
a haiku by RustyP:

wall street in shambles
might have to eat my plastic
instead of throwing

*edit: wrong thread. definitely not playing Teams, still undecided on HOTT final. Which cooks faster...DX or Star?
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby warlocks00 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Well I just sent in our registration earlier this morning.....check will go later today or first thing in the morning. Warlocks are going for sure...and can not wait!!! Took me longer to find our adv. master player than I thought....40 year olds are hard to come by out this way, even harder than finding someone to step and take the bullet in Pro.

Come on Texas Teams....the most fun event there is!
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Tournaments