Eric C Yetter Champions Cup - PDGA A TIER

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Eric C Yetter Champions Cup - PDGA A TIER

Postby jist313 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:05 am

Every year this tournament gets bigger and better and you don't want to be left out. Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance would like to invite everyone out to the Yetter Cup on Sept 13-14; it is a PDGA A Tier event. Hurry because registration is filling fast.

http://www.bcdga.com/2008/Events/SQ97%2 ... 0Flyer.pdf

I hope to see you there!
Eric
jist313
Noob

Postby ericdmb » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 am

don't miss out on 36 unique holes for this event!

Space is getting VERY limited for AMs - get in while you can!

ERIC
www.bearclaws.org

"Life is short but sweet for certain"
ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Postby roadkill » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:59 am

Yeah Man!

I'll be there. I'm just waiting to win some prize money this weekend at WVO. I'll pre-reg next week. (Lots of pro spots left).
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby ericdmb » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:24 am

AM side is full- wait list has started

Pro side has about 25 spots left

http://pdga.com/tournament/tournament_r ... urnID=7309
www.bearclaws.org

ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Postby tim » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Trying to decide whether or not I can afford the time/money to come up and play -- I want to figure it out by tomorrow night and get in before the price goes up.

Does anyone have room on the floor somewhere close to the course where I could crash for the night? I'll bring everything I need and would only need a place to stay for Saturday night. (I'd be driving up Saturday morning and leaving Sunday immediately after the tourney).

I just moved up to pro, and the higher entry fees don't leave a lot of $ leftover for hotels, and there is no camping I can find that is close to Tyler (closest is at Tinicum).

I don't smoke anything but am not opposed to other people's personal choices. I'll be glad to bring a few good microbrews to share as thanks for a place to crash.

Kick me a PM or an e-mail if you'd like to help. Thanks.
Flick long and prosper.
VP/Wizard | Roc/Buzz | Firebird | Teebird | Destroyer
Vibram Putter tester -- feel free to ask me any questions.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Postby ericdmb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:02 am

only 4 more spots remain for the event! all 4 are on the pro side of things...

Looks like we will have a full field of 144 playing this weekend!

anyone know if they will have the 9 field holes set up for practice this week?
www.bearclaws.org

ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Postby jist313 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:34 pm

The field holes will be set up for warm up on Friday night. I was hoping for them to be set up all day, because I will be up there early Friday morning. But the white poles will mark the hole spots will give enough look at the hole placements. Many of the field holes will be changed slightly to be harder (especially the double mando hole). See you out there.
Eric
jist313
Noob

Postby Solty » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 pm

i got a sneak peek at the layout of the temp 9. Brutal....but i love a challenge.

my question is...how are they going to distinguish which holes that OB ONLY counts for pros...and not ams...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby roadkill » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:09 am

I played a total of about 45 holes today at Tyler.

I played 1-18 about as well as I could feasibly expect. A 64 which is pretty smoking with everything in C positions. Looking at last year's scores a 64 was rated a 1021 rated round. Mike Moser's 63 was the only score on that layout any better. I pured every tee shot but 2 holes. Carded eight 3s, seven 4s, two 5s and one 2. Hole 5 I had a 25' putt for 4 and just chained out on the left side and I missed a 25' deuce putt on hole 2 (438'downhill) but other than that I hit every putt. The fours I got were real good 4s (holes 6,10 and 12 are great 4s ) and I was satisfied with getting a 5 on 14 (711' through tight woods).

Unfortunately by the time I had any witnesses (Eric), I was getting fatigued and tight and my subsequent play deteriorated.

Those field holes are nuts! With all the OB and mandos you could run up your score if you're not smart and executing well.

Hopefully we dodge the rain and get decent weather. The full field and extended layout will make for long rounds as it is, we don't need to be carrying raingear and extra towels on top of everything else.

See y'all Saturday at 7:30am.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ericdmb » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:11 am

good playing with you yesterday Steve!

Believe this, steve and I (both righties) started out and played 3 holes, then met up with 2 other people that were lefties and played about 15 holes, then had another person tag on and he was a lefty - then on our 2nd to last hole of the round, we have 1 more person join us and he was a lefty too!

6 people - 4 lefties - never saw that before!

anway, Steve is right - those field holes will eat you up if you are not smart about it!

See you saturday morning!
ERIC
www.bearclaws.org

ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Postby Craig Smolin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 am

any requirement about collared shirts seeing as how this is an A-Tier?

----

Can you guys do me a favor and describe the field holes (length and type of shots required), as well as Hole 15. I've played Tyler a bunch in the past, and can pretty much remember every hole, but I couldn't remember this one.

Thanks guys

:D
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Hole 15

Postby Rocaholic74 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:47 am

Hole 15 is a decent hole when in C position. When you look out from the tee box you have two trees immediately in front of you off to the left. There is a small tree and then a big tree right behind it which is the mando. You have to hyzer (sweep or knife) around the mando which then opens up to a fairway about 20 to 25 feet wide. The basket is located at the end of the fairway just before the bushes and trees. There is a small tree on the right side of the fairway just before the basket. That tree is usually out of play unless you throw a monster hyzer and then you'll either be just in front of it or right behind it. Either way you can deuce that basket it you're by the tree.

As for the field holes, I played only 4 out of the 9 yesterday. They are going to be rough if you can't throw long. Plus, I'd never seen the field holes before so it took me a long time to figure out where the hell I was going. :lol: It should be interesting to watch some of these Pro's handle the field holes. Anyone could find themselves in a heap of trouble.
"Goin' where the water tastes like wine."
Rocaholic74
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby roadkill » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Craig Smolin wrote:Can you guys do me a favor and describe the field holes (length and type of shots required), as well as Hole 15. I've played Tyler a bunch in the past, and can pretty much remember every hole, but I couldn't remember this one.

The field holes will be harder and trickier due to punitive OB and restrictive mandos. There is one hole that is over 600' long and the fairway is about 25-30' wide anything not in the fairway is OB. The last 100' the left and right OB ends but the pin is tucked in trees at the edge of a steep embankment that leads down to an OB parking lot. Most of the field holes are long (550-800) and open and just require repeated long drives, but a few have very dangerous OB zones and go through briar infested tree lines so execution and placement are key.

Hole 15 is among the easiest of all the C-pins. As long as you make the mando and don't hit early wood it is a very easy three. I actually just missed deucing (from 60') it yesterday. Mando tree is 80' off tee pad on left side (pass to the right), 50' past mando fairway doglegs hard left and pin is another 160 down. Only about 300-320 or so and if you're on the fairway it's an easy up and down. Only trouble is a shank resulting in hitting wood in the first 100' or getting a nasty kick. Play it for a 3 and move on as it's very unlikely to get within 40' due to 80 degree dogleg.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ericdmb » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:47 pm

The field holes:

#28 - Tees from the parking lot near the bottom area of the parking lot. You must tee up the small hill (10 feet up) towards the practice basket and then huge right to left fairway about 600 feet - OB far left entire length of fairway
#29 - pretty much the same - tees from the field and you must split the gap in the tree line and the basket is out on the edge of the small decline down to the road (OB) about 500 feet - seperate pro/am tees
#30 - pretty much the same - tees from the field down the hill and into the woods - about 500 feet - road is OB entire right side of fairway
#31 - pretty much the same - tees from the bottom of the hill - plays uphill about 600 feet - road is OB entire right side of fairway
#32 - pretty much the same- tees from the field and bends left to right about 800 feet with OB island(last year remember there were potted trees in this ditch? this year it is all pricker bushes and nasty schull) about 20 feet short of basket. drop zone is about 50ish feet short of OB island - seperate pro/am tees
#33 - pretty much the same -about 800 feet - tees from field and bends left to right entire lenth *difference from last year* instead of OB lining both sides of the fairway with the road being on the far left - now the OB is only lining the right side of the fairway. The road is still OB on the far left the entire lenth, but really does not factor too much. The basket is again on the island green surrounded by parking lot that is OB - seperate pro/am tees
#34 - same as last year, small 250ft shot over tree lin
#35 - similar to last year - tees from the field through the tree line - mando tree still on your left - this year though, there is a huge area on the other side of the tree line (near the landing area) that is OB - so you can't cut your drive too short around the mando as that area is all OB, you need to go longer in the field to avoid it. Then you come back through the tree line, again with a mando tree on your left - another difference from last year is instead of the basket being straight out in the field from the gap, it is now more to the right about 100 out of the gap.
#36 - pretty much a straight 600 foot hole to the edge of the parking lot - fairway is cut to about 50-60 feet wide max and is marked with OB the entire way on both sides. I am told this will apply to PROS only!

www.bearclaws.org

ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Return to Tournaments