What kind of reactions do you get?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What kind of reactions do you get?

Postby Midnightbiker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:47 am

I am just wondering with all the dyed discs flying out there, what kind of reactions do you guys get when people see your discs on the course?

I have a KFC disc and one with a huge "Batman" logo that get the most reaction. The KFC disc usually gets a laugh, and most people love the Batman dye and want to know where to get one.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Re: What kind of reactions do you get?

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm actually in the process of researching plotters and software to start doing dyes again. I've been out of the loop for nearly 8 months and wanted to get back into it to earn a little side cash, but only if I could do my designs on a computer to eliminate all the cutting my hand. because that's what drove me away from wanting to get more and more into it.
Most ppl who see my dyes are dying to get something done themselves so they keep in touch with me thru our Southern National Forums. A lot of ppl know my name, but I haven't really been taking any work in or anything. So I know there's a demand for it.

One of the only discs of mine that I have that has a dye on it is my DeathStar Orc. I usually pull it out on a wooded hole, show it to the ppl on my card, and with a smirkish attitude say "It's deathstar time....... Because in space.... There's no trees"
And it gets a laugh.
The couple of ppl that I've done the majority of my dye work for say that they had someone on their card at a tourney wanting some work done. So i guess that's the usual reaction... The reaction of "Wow that's sweet.. Where can I get something like that done!"
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Paintball1084 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm

when people see my discs most of the people like them and they ask if i did that if they dont know about dying discs. they also ask to see all my other ones so i show them.
Wraith, Striker, Buzzz, VP
Paintball1084
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith; buzzz,VP

Postby malinkie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:41 pm

I just started my dying and i have already had a few remark on my discs. Also did a couple for family as a chrimbo present. It feels good when someone comments on one of my dye jobs that too me hours to cut.
.: Reaper : Valkyrie : Teebird : Roc : Spider : JK Pro Aviar X :.
My Throw
My Dyes
malinkie
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JK Pro Aviar X

Postby JohnnyB » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm

My favorite reaction so far has been from a guy I kept seeing at the course. We played two rounds together on separate occasions and on the third he came asking me where I got the Fetus Discs(I like to put that on my dyes as an inside joke) from, he couldn't find any shops that carried them. Proud moment.
"A hedgehog was also killed"
JohnnyB
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Star tee-rex

Return to Disc Artwork