Punisher Disc

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Punisher Disc

Postby vettekrazy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 pm

My latest creation. The Punisher on a Star TL - I was very happy with the way it turned out.

vettekrazy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird Innova

Re: Punisher Disc

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Awesome job mang :)
That was one of the images I was considering when I did my last Punisher dye. Came out slick
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby marmoset » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:42 am

The punisher's face looks like Darren Harper's picture at the bottom of this page
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby Craig Smolin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 am

Awesome. One of the best dyes I think I have ever seen. Amazing detail.

If I may inquire ... how did you do the fine line details? A single razor cut? Ultra fine double cut? Just curious because I've had trouble doing clean lines like you've done with his teeth.

Also, when dipping black all the way to the edge, how did you prevent the dye from lipping onto the back of the wing?

Thanks.

And again, great great work. I'm in a bit of a rut right now, and need a bigger challenge, and this is inspiring.

:D :D :D
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby vettekrazy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:39 am

If I may inquire ... how did you do the fine line details? A single razor cut? Ultra fine double cut? Just curious because I've had trouble doing clean lines like you've done with his teeth.

X-acto knife and slow steady cuts. I use a fine line sharpie to draw my picture out then when I make my cuts, especially on the real fine lines I look at the disc at an angle, light tends to reflect off of the ink and I can see my cut on both sides of the line. I hope that makes sense. As I am sure you know the most important thing when it comes to cutting is patience. This disc took about 7 hours to make.

Also, when dipping black all the way to the edge, how did you prevent the dye from lipping onto the back of the wing?

First be very careful, don't let the rit and water come to a boil, but very close. Float your disc and very gently push the edges just down to the water/dye line. Easier said then done. I wear rubber medical gloves while doing this, it helps in two ways. Helps grip the inside rim of the disc so you can lower and raise the disc evenly. Also, it helps your hands deal with the heat. My pan is probably only 6 inches deep, I think that helps too so I can get close and see down into the pan.
vettekrazy
Noob

Postby vettekrazy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 am

I wonder if Darren Harper fights crime in his spare time?
vettekrazy
Noob

Return to Disc Artwork