Dye Station

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Dye Station

Postby jtkustomizer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Just wondering what everybodies dye station looks like.

Here is mine on a glass coffee table that is in my basement. I have everything I need within arms length while sitting on the floor. My electric skillit is there along with my rinse pan.
I use my garage light under the glass to light up the vinyl/discs that I am working on.
The only thing I really need in the photo is a sink so I can do the final rinse and peel the vinyl off.
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Re: Dye Station

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm bored waiting for a friend to get here, so I went ahead and took pix of every aspect of my dye station.

Table with a cutting board, tools, dye, roll of masking tape on the shelf above it. Next shelf up holds acetone and cleaning stuff, along with some of my rolls of vinyl and the dyes that I use a lot of (colors that are blends/mixtures). Pans and old T-shirts for rags are on the top.

Drawer #1. Xacto knives, sharpies, extra blades, compass, triangles,

Drawer #2. Most of my dye color backups. The stuff I use a lot of is in small labeled containers in another spot.

The big boy. 24" CR-630 Plotter. A lot of ppl will rag on the brand and say it's a crap quality. But I don't use the software they give you with it. The software is the biggest issue I've run into.
It cuts great for what I've used it for.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: Dye Station

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:43 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:...The big boy. 24" CR-630 Plotter. A lot of ppl will rag on the brand and say it's a crap quality. But I don't use the software they give you with it. The software is the biggest issue I've run into. It cuts great for what I've used it for.

[a little thread drift] What software do you use? [/thread drift]
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Return to Disc Artwork