Photoshop Templates of Discs

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Photoshop Templates of Discs

Postby noah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Does anyone have or know where you can download .psd templates of discs particularly Innova, but discraft and gateway would be nice to have.
noah
Tree Magnet

Re: Photoshop Templates of Discs

Postby malinkie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Templates like sizes of each disc or actual default designs?
.: Reaper : Valkyrie : Teebird : Roc : Spider : JK Pro Aviar X :.
My Throw
My Dyes
malinkie
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JK Pro Aviar X

Postby noah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Sizes specifically.
noah
Tree Magnet

Postby Leopard » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:57 pm

small diameter = 21.2 cm
large diameter = 21.7 cm
only Innova's freaky discs (Jaguar) don't follow that standard.

make a new file in PS, make the height/width match the diameter of the disc. make a new layer on top of the background. take the oval marquee tool to the top left corner, hold SHIFT, drag a perfect circle down to the bottom right. go Edit > Stroke ... choose your line color and width. BOOM you've got a circle boundary in its own layer to show/hide for reference.

since you're making a dye stencil, you can later do an Image > Canvas Size.. to add some extra space around the circle. going up and over the disc's dome, the distance across is a little more than its diameter. if you want you can start your file/circle with an added CM or two. for full-color files, i'll design beyond the disc's edge just to be safe.

this step is so easy, i don't even have a template for stamps. i make a square file and draw a circle with that exact method, every time. same with illustrator. kinda ritualistic at this point, gets me ready to rock a circle.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Ted Damson wrote:small diameter = 21.2 cm
large diameter = 21.7 cm
only Innova's freaky discs (Jaguar) don't follow that standard.

make a new file in PS, make the height/width match the diameter of the disc. make a new layer on top of the background. take the oval marquee tool to the top left corner, hold SHIFT, drag a perfect circle down to the bottom right. go Edit > Stroke ... choose your line color and width. BOOM you've got a circle boundary in its own layer to show/hide for reference.

since you're making a dye stencil, you can later do an Image > Canvas Size.. to add some extra space around the circle. going up and over the disc's dome, the distance across is a little more than its diameter. if you want you can start your file/circle with an added CM or two. for full-color files, i'll design beyond the disc's edge just to be safe.

this step is so easy, i don't even have a template for stamps. i make a square file and draw a circle with that exact method, every time. same with illustrator. kinda ritualistic at this point, gets me ready to rock a circle.

I do this same thing, but with Gimp
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby noah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for the measurements.
noah
Tree Magnet

Return to Disc Artwork