Ebay dye: Do want.

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ebay dye: Do want.

Postby Blink » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:31 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/SICKDISC-dyed-175g- ... 240%3A1318

I'd start throwing panthers for a dye like this. It would completely change my game, I could give out courtesy violations nonstop for laughing when I pull this out. Nobody can play golf with the pungent smell of desire flowing into their nostrils.

I feel like I've seen this here before, but someone should be making these and selling for way less than this lol...
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Re: Ebay dye: Do want.

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:17 am

Yeah looks really cool. Doesn't look overly complicated to dye once you really look at it.
Surprised no one's reported it for copywrite violations since it's obviously not the creator's original work.
you'd think that some stuff like this would slide under the radar, but I have trouble selling stuff that isn't original artwork on ebay.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby ferretdance03 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:47 am

AciDBatH666 wrote:Surprised no one's reported it for copywrite violations since it's obviously not the creator's original work.

That's the majority of dyed discs on ebay. I see way more rip-offs than I do original works.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 am

Yeah. I dyed a TAPOUT disc a while back. Since I never sold anything from ebay (bought plenty tho), I wanted to sell a single item and make sure the process went smooth, and not complicated or anything. That's why I made the Tapout dye, it was off the wall, and you NEVER see something different like that on ebay. 1 day left and it got reported. I honestly didn't think it would because disc golf is so far under the radar, but someone was a punk and reported it. I knew it was illegal, but I figured us ppl doing dye work are all small fries making chump change so no one would care.
I didn't really get mad that it got reported, I was more mad that I CONSTANTLY see the same non-original work on ebay. Punisher logos, Dark side of the Moon discs, Captain America shields... Wtf. They're ALWAYS for sale up there.

So it's hard for me to sell stuff, because even tho my work comes out lookin clean, I'm not that great of an artist. I've taken visual arts classes out the ass from high school to college, but I can't create from scratch. ChUcK and I are kind of alike in that way. We're both very good at translating an image and manipulating colors and shades to get an image on a disc.
So it's hard to sell original work when you can't really create.

That disc is up to about $58 or so... As cool as it is that's honestly one of the highest I've seen a dye job go for on ebay. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got his buddies ghost bidding it up
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Blink » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:32 am

Dang that sucks, I didn't consider the whole copyright infringement thing. Well I guess selling them on Ebay is a bit too much exposure sometimes.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 am

im guessing someone off here reported him?

EDIT: duh, i guess the auction just ended :oops:
Last edited by Jesse B 707 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby stoneman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 pm

What a bummer you get reported. I've got a buddy selling something right now on Ebay that's really cool...he made it himself, but it has logos on it...I told him I hope he didn't get it yanked. :( My bud isn't selling dyed discs, and I'm not saying WHAT he's selling, in case the narc is here. :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:02 pm

cant believe it went for that much, my shit must suck, i put a couple dyes i thought were sick up with a starting price of 5 bones a week ago.................no bids :( , they were used though
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby mzuleger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:cant believe it went for that much, my shit must suck, i put a couple dyes i thought were sick up with a starting price of 5 bones a week ago.................no bids :( , they were used though

me too... nothin :(
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby beatz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 pm

thats a brett boedecker dye job, he has done a fewe for me and does awesome work. he has a website www.sickdisc.com where he will do a custom dye job for a great price. deff check him out.
http://www.gdstour.com/index.php
http://www.utopiadiscgolf.com
code: "beatz"
recieve 5% off your order
Grow the sport!!!! Support those that support us!!!!!!
beatz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: anything gateway

Return to Disc Artwork