New Omega SS Stamps

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New Omega SS Stamps

Postby stoneman » Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 pm

I just picked up a new Omega SS (feels like R Pro stuff...did they change the plastic??). It's yellow, with a silver stamp. Stamp doesn't feel like it is pushed into the plastic at all. Figured it would clean right off with acetone like every disc I've ever tried....wrong! I had to rub hard enough that it was taking the shine out of the plastic, and it's STILL showing some of the stamp. Does acetone "go bad"? This is the can I bought over a year ago when I started messing with dye. Is there something with the newer discs that hold on to the stamp? I'm really bummed...Had hoped to put a nice dye on this thing. :(
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Re: New Omega SS Stamps

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 am

It is R-Pro plastic, from what I understand. As for the Acetone, it is possible the chemical can lose it's potency.
Man that sucks dude. Was it the Mill Bar stamp?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby stoneman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:12 am

Heck, I'm not sure WHAT the stamp is called. I know I didn't like that Omega anywhere near as much as the other 7 I have. My absolute FAVORITE (and the one I shoot the best with) is an old one I bought used off of Ebay...it's 168, and all my others are 174...funny how noticeable that little difference is even in a putter. I'll buy a new can of acetone...I'll bet mine is bad. Check that. I just remember, I bought two Pro Starfires from somewhere here (and they look and feel like Star), and it took the stamp of them as smooth as always...must be an R-Pro thing?
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 am

stoneman wrote:Heck, I'm not sure WHAT the stamp is called. I know I didn't like that Omega anywhere near as much as the other 7 I have. My absolute FAVORITE (and the one I shoot the best with) is an old one I bought used off of Ebay...it's 168, and all my others are 174...funny how noticeable that little difference is even in a putter. I'll buy a new can of acetone...I'll bet mine is bad. Check that. I just remember, I bought two Pro Starfires from somewhere here (and they look and feel like Star), and it took the stamp of them as smooth as always...must be an R-Pro thing?

It's possible. I haven't attempted to remove any R-Pro Stamps, since my R-Pro Boss I received is a blank top.
I'll have to get my hands on one of these new Omegas, even though I 'm set on putters for I'm guessing ever lol, since I ahve 12 back ups, which are pretty much all the same run.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby ChUcK » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 am

Don't throw away your acetone, it is just fine. It will not go bad, not in this lifetime. The only acetone mishap you will have is leaving the cap off, only to find an empty can.

Some stamps/plastics/combinations just won't come off easily. If you ever notice you're having a hard time, stop. Excessive acetone will excessively degrade the plastic.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Return to Disc Artwork