First dye in a while now

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

First dye in a while now

Postby ChUcK » Thu May 28, 2009 3:35 pm

We had to create an "iconography autobiography" project for a cheesy art history class, so naturally I chose to dust off the ol' xacto for my project. Pretty simple dye. The crappy looking lithium atom was hand drawn with a sharpie, revealing my true skills as an artist (nonexistent!).

We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Re: First dye in a while now

Postby GCSUbgeorge » Thu May 28, 2009 6:20 pm

I dig it.
GCSUbgeorge
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova

Postby hippiediscdude » Fri May 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Thats pretty freakin' snazzy! I like the way the center circle overlaps the others.
Here flies the sweet dyes! http://www.scidye.com
hippiediscdude
Noob

Favorite Disc: 11x KC Pro Tee Bird

Postby Leopard » Fri May 29, 2009 8:01 pm

ChUcK wrote:We had to create an "iconography autobiography" project for a cheesy art history class

so the news here is that Dye Master C is studying art ... what kinda havoc are you planning?
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby ChUcK » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Eh, I have to take a few 'visual, literary, and performing arts' in order to graduate. I'm a chem major, hoping to get a position teaching high schoolers disc golf etiquette. Oh, and they may learn a little chemistry, too.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RoomTenONine » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 am

ChUcK wrote:Eh, I have to take a few 'visual, literary, and performing arts' in order to graduate. I'm a chem major, hoping to get a position teaching high schoolers disc golf etiquette. Oh, and they may learn a little chemistry, too.

Oh man I had no idea. I teach HS science and I'm also the science department coordinator for our district. I spent 5 years in private industry until I realized we need much better science teachers out there who actually know their science, but can also teach. Good to see a chem major going into teaching. too many states allow folks to get a Chem Ed degree and not the full science degree.

As for DG at school I'm working with the phys ed department to attempt a grant for some baskets and discs. I started a pilot program this summer where I've taken a few at risk students out to the course in hopes of getting them into something positive and out of trouble over the summer. We'll see where it goes.

You planning on staying where you are to teach or are you up for moving?
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby ChUcK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:37 pm

I'd like to stay in Seattle if possible, but I wouldn't mind moving somewhere else as long as there are a few courses in the area. You should start a new thread about your summer venture, I'm sure you'll get a ton of unqualified but possibly useful suggestions...I can't wait to start some sort of high school disc golf program- by the time I'm actually a teacher a high school club might not seem like a far-fetched idea for a school district.

Official school teams! I remember my high school had a golf team, but it was way underground...I'd want much more publicity/participation than they had.
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Shaolintrained » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:41 pm

ChUcK wrote:I'd like to stay in Seattle if possible, but I wouldn't mind moving somewhere else as long as there are a few courses in the area.

Portland, maybe Chuck?
Trade list: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12798
"Music is my religion" -Jimi Hendrix
Shaolintrained
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat DX Roc

Postby RoomTenONine » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:11 am

ChUcK wrote:I'd like to stay in Seattle if possible, but I wouldn't mind moving somewhere else as long as there are a few courses in the area. You should start a new thread about your summer venture, I'm sure you'll get a ton of unqualified but possibly useful suggestions...I can't wait to start some sort of high school disc golf program- by the time I'm actually a teacher a high school club might not seem like a far-fetched idea for a school district.

Official school teams! I remember my high school had a golf team, but it was way underground...I'd want much more publicity/participation than they had.

I think for our district it isn't out of the question. We already have a successful fly fishing club, a kayaking program and other non-traditional clubs. We also have several solid courses nearby.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby ChUcK » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 am

Shaolintrained wrote:Portland, maybe Chuck?

As long as I don't burn every bridge between Washington and Oregon before the move... :lol:

Speaking of crossing the Columbia, I might be headed down to do a Milo/Whistler's/anything else trip later this summer, so I can show you Oregonians how to putt...
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Disc Artwork