Seviers Dyes

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Seviers Dyes

Postby sevier » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:26 am

This one was my first dye. I wanted to do something simple just to test the waters on this and the following is what I came up with. Dyed on a 170g Champ Teebird.

The next one I wanted to do something with a few more lines but still not too hard of a design. I think it came out pretty well. Dye on a 167g Pro Line Leopard.

Let me know what you think so far. Ive got another im working on now but the design is a lot more complicated than the previous two so the cutting is taking a little bit. I hope to have it done by Monday maybe.
Teebird, Leopard, Firebird, Roc, Aviar
sevier
Noob

Re: Seviers Dyes

Postby ChUcK » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:22 am

Each time I see someone post their first dye or two, and notice that it's also their first DGR post, I get a little warm, fuzzy feeling inside. :lol:

Looks like you've got it down... Are you using vinyl or contact paper?
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby sevier » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:40 am

Right now I'm using some white contact paper I picked up at Lowes. I think I might have to start searching around for some scrap vinyl and see how that is compared to what I have now. I actually just finished cutting out my next dye and maybe will dye it tomorrow since it is supposed to rain all weekend anyway.
sevier
Noob

Postby sevier » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Alright just finished this one up this morning. The cutting and peeling took a lot longer than i expected but i think it was worth it for the end result. For those not familiar this is Deadpool from the X-men comics. The accent color for the guns and shadows got a little darker than I wanted, but you can still see it fairly well so I'm happy with it. Also if anyone is interested this is dyed on a Champ Spider.

sevier
Noob

Postby osborne » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 pm

very clean, im impressed
xd-buzzz-meteor-drone-teebird-firebird-blizzard destroyer
Smooth is Fast-Fast is Far
osborne
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: xd

Return to Disc Artwork