Bleaching to white?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bleaching to white?

Postby jw34 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:17 pm

I had a friend dye a white star plastic disc of mine and it didn't come out real well. Is it even possible to somehow get it back to white with some sort of "bleaching" technique. Just wondering.
jw34
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Bleaching to white?

Postby emiller3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Doubt it, I think I read here that people have tried to get whites by bleaching and it didn't work real well, buut I coudl be wrong. Probably the only way to remove it is to use acetone to eat away at the disc. I have no idea how deep a dye sets, but there's a good chance you'd destroy the disc in the process. Just learn to love it, or dye something bigger and darker over it and hope for the best.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby ChUcK » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:49 pm

jw34 wrote:I had a friend dye a white star plastic disc of mine and it didn't come out real well. Is it even possible to somehow get it back to white with some sort of "bleaching" technique. Just wondering.

The only bleaching technique I know of consists of ordering another white disc from Marshall St.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby jw34 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh you mean like bleaching the green out of my wallet.
jw34
Noob

Postby ChUcK » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 pm

:lol: exactly.

I bet if you left it on your roof for a year it would fade enough to dye right over like new.

edit: have your buddy dye right over it with a solid color, like an all-black flight plate stealth disc.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby jw34 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Stealth is right. Black would be cool but I'd lose that sucker within 5 minutes of taking it out of my bag.
jw34
Noob

Postby karottop420 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 am

a friend of mine bleached a orange star disc but it came out a wierd green color. it was a pond find anyway so he didn't realy care if it got messed up. but he just soaked it in some water and bleach for a few days not sure the mix. but as far as getttin a dye out i have no idea all i can say is give it a shot n let us know how it works.
peace love unity respect
karottop420
Noob

Favorite Disc: anyone i've dyed

Return to Disc Artwork