Buying Discs for Dying

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Buying Discs for Dying

Postby Cindos » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

Hey, quick question for all of you who are selling your discs. Are you buying them wholesale somehow? Just trying to figure out how you can make it worth your while with the prices that they seem to be going for on ebay etc. I'd love to find a source where I can purchase in quantity for wholesale pricing. I've had a few friends who wanted to buy some of my dye's but the discs on e-bay are selling for close to what I pay for the discs before spending all that time dying them. Doesn't help that I live in Canada and have pretty good shipping costs to get discs up here, and that local sports stores charge $25 for champ or star plastic.
Cindos
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Buying Discs for Dying

Postby mickas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:09 am

look for innova factory seconds, try gottagogottathrow.com and go to the x-outs section, you can get star/champ plastics from innova, and some good plastics from other companies for cheap, and a lot of these are misprints, which are coming off anyway, good luck
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 am

I get em pretty cheap from my guy. Not wholesale, but I don't spend more than 9.50 for any disc. He gives me the deal when I buy 10 or more at a time. So I order em in batches every couple of months. He also gives me the discount because I donate a lot of my work foe tournaments in the area. That plus having a plotter is the only way I can really validate doing dyes for some spare cash on the side. Because I barely have to spend any time with the process anymore.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Cindos » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty sure buying a plotter would be necessary to really make a business out of it. It would also be great to be able to do some super intricate designs. So far I'm really enjoying it, so I'm mostly just doing it for the fun of it. I just want to be able to sell to the local club for something close to what they'd be paying for something on e-bay. Would be fun be able to donate some to local tourneys as well. Always cool to see your work out on the course.
Cindos
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:30 am

Even with my setup I don't really make a killing. If you've got a plotter the real money is in decals/stickers. I can cut several stickers and make 10 bucks in no time. Or I can spend an hour on a dye image and on the actual dye itself and make the same amount of profit. I do the dye work more for fun now, and to turn heads. I really only have a few ppl email me wanting custom work but it doesn't bother me. I just enjoy doing it on the side here and there.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Return to Disc Artwork