Using not hot rit?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Using not hot rit?

Postby domromer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:13 pm

For one of my next die jobs I want to try and emulate a cave painting hand print. The kind where they hold out there hand between them and the wall and then spit a blast of ink from thier mouths and it makes a kind of 3-d stencil effect.

figured I'd use my wifes hand as mine is too big and would overlap over the sides of the disc. I get some gloves for her to wear and obviously I'd put the rit in a spray bottle not my mouth. So finally to my question. If I just used mixed room temp rit will it work if I let it sit overnight?
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Re: Using not hot rit?

Postby whridlsoncestood » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm

What type of plastic? I would imagine champion would take if left long enough and look good. Probaly star too. Pro and the such I am not so sure how it would look. Probaly very blurry.
whridlsoncestood
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Valkarie

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:18 pm

It'll work. My first dyes were in a ziplock bag overnight.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby ChUcK » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

I can imagine a few ways that would work and a few ways that would fail, so I guess the end result is up to you. You're talking about those cave paintings where someone obviously put their hand against the wall and blew paint at it, right?
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby domromer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 pm

I think they keep their hand a few inches away so it's more of a 3-d splatter effect and not so much a hard outline. But yeah you get the idea. It's going to be on champ plastic...here is the general idea.

If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm

It will take. Here's one of the first dyes I did with just shoving a disc in a bag overnight
I did the black that way and the colors by hand after. The big tupperware container to the right of the rit packages was actually where i stored my bags of dye and let them sit overnight.

Im not sure that what you're gonna do will work tho. If you're spraying it onto the disc, and plan on keeping it on the disc overnight, my logic tells me that it's going to all run off the sides. The dye I did with the bag method was when it was completely soaked in rit overnight.
The only way I can see this maybe working is if you got the outline of the hand, colored what you didn't want to dye with a wax crayon (I did several dyes like this and it works.. Not great, but it works) and let that sit overnight. But then again maybe I'm just not understanding what you're planning on doing
:)
Good luck with it
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Return to Disc Artwork