Donation dye jobs for 2 upcoming tourneys(Vinyl & dyes)

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Donation dye jobs for 2 upcoming tourneys(Vinyl & dyes)

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Got 2 tournaments coming up two weekends in a row, so that must mean it's donation time!
Which means that it's time for me to come out of the woodworks and do some of my most complicated work. Gotta impress to bring in the business!
Im planning on doing at LEAST 3 for each tourney. But I'm aiming at 4-5 each. I'm trying to do a checkered swirl for each one, along with some more vague stuff that'll appeal to lots of peoples tastes.
Here's the vinyl sheets I've lined up so far. I'll be dying in a few days. Trying to sort all my stuff out to where I can dye em all at once.

Matrix code dye. I've been wanting to do one like this for a long time. But couldn't find any images that would come out clean.
Gonna do the outside in black, on a slimey green disc, Gonna do some of the letters in a darker green, vary it up.

Hulk dye. Wicked lookin. Debating on going with black or a dark dark green on a green disc.

Wraith image. Image I found forever ago, just never got around to cutting it out.

Another gibberish font layout. But included the tournament name and ACID -ADGA in the middle
I'll change it up for the LA States after this tourney.

Debating on cutting the negative of this image. It'll prolly come out sicker if I do that. Plus I can keep the majority of the disc it's natural color. We'll see when it comes down to dye time

THis one's been done before by someone on the boards. I just always wanted to do it cuz it looks so official on a yellow disc.

I'll post all the other dyes I'll be doing. I wanna switch it up for each tourney, but I wanna keep it easy on myself.
Last edited by AciDBatH666 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: Donation dye jobs (Vinyl done so far)

Postby Booter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 pm

man those are all just crazy sick. def motivates me to keep practicing man. cant wait to see the actual dyes done and on discs. the matrix and the gibberish cuts are my favs. :D
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: Donation dye jobs (Vinyl done so far)

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:31 pm

booter wrote:man those are all just crazy sick. def motivates me to keep practicing man. cant wait to see the actual dyes done and on discs. the matrix and the gibberish cuts are my favs. :D

Lol. Just don't try to do a Matrix lookin one by hand. I did all of these (except for the last dragon one) tonight in about 2 hours.. from cutting to weeding. I don't think I'd ever wanna do the fonts by hand. My neck would kill me. I think I'll do some beer logos... Lots of ppl down here would totally dig that.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Donation dye jobs for 2 upcoming tourneys(Vinyl done so far)

Postby Booter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm

lol yea the matrix one would give me hell its waaaaaay to much cutting for me.2 hrs is pretty damn quick man.i have yet to do any kind of font at the moment but thers only one way to find out. i agree with you on the beer logosthough :mrgreen: they would get alot of interest.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby plshrk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:52 am

All of these are done with a plotter though correct?
www.LandSharkSports.com

Latitude 64/Innova/Gateway/Vibram/Discraft/MVP/Golden Retriever

Your source for Billiards and Disc Sports Equipment
plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby hippiediscdude » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Man those are insanely awesome. You must have your plotter really dialed in. I am envious of your detail. I cant wait to see them dyed. That matrix one is crazy cool!
Here flies the sweet dyes! http://www.scidye.com
hippiediscdude
Noob

Favorite Disc: 11x KC Pro Tee Bird

Postby whridlsoncestood » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

I attempted the matrix awhile back by hand. Impossible to do. A hand does not have the fineness to cut such a tiny area and not be pulling the vinyl all over. Can't wait to see it be done.
whridlsoncestood
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Valkarie

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Here's some laid out so far. Gonna try to dye tomorrow.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:17 pm

those look great man! i willl be waiting for the finished product :mrgreen:
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Re: Donation dye jobs for 2 upcoming tourneys(Vinyl & dyes)

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Still waiting on my dragon one to finish up, along with the checkered one.

Simple logo. Nothing fantastic.

ImageImage
Matrix one. This is a dark green dye. Even if I did this in black, I still don't really know how to make it come out looking good. It's just a really difficult image I guess. I'd have to get some super greens in there with some solid black contrast. I dunno. I can always redo it on another green disc. But I hate to dye discs with so much black because they're difficult to find.

Prolly pulling the dragon one out in a minute. Debating on throwing some gray in it or not.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 pm

AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby maks » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 am

dude you gotta be kiddin me those are awesome......i wish i had some more discs cause i would love the dragon dye.
maks
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:54 am

The bad news, I don't have a supply of shirts to really start doing these for ppl interested. Well I do have shirts, but I don't like the way that the neck fits. It's kinda tight, and the shirts fit a little small.
The good news, I've found 2 good brands of shirts that I like, but I have to find a shop that has em locally where I can buy them in any color and any quantity I need.

These 2 are just for donations for this tourney. When I make them for the forum people I'll come up with a nice price, including shipping, and give several dollars to the board for each one.

AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 am

the discs came out awesome man!! great job.

as for the shirts. i suggest you look into Gildan shirts man. those have a nice fit. and dont shrink. we use these alot at my job. the neck isnt small either. just my .02
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Flipflat » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:28 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:Image

Great job on all the dyes- you talked about messing with the matrix dye, but I think it came out really good, it's original. The only thing you could mess with is increasing the font size and dying the lettering a brighter green. Looks fine to me, though. The dragon looks great, and as you posted earlier, a negative would look pretty cool too. Good work!
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Next

Return to Disc Artwork