This one was a Wraith X-out that had a huge, deep, ugly stamp on it, so I thought I'd try something new with it since I didn't really want to put any detail on a deep stamp for fear of bleeding.
I mixed clear hand soap with Rit liquid dye and splatted it on the disc with some free plastic needles from Target. The mix ended up being too thin and running down the disc instead of sticking, but I think that could be prevented by using the powder Rit instead of the liquid. Sat overnight. Overall, it turned out ok, and maybe I'll throw a black stencil of Marley on there.
This one is a 176g Buzz ESP. I got this from the misprint deal, it was originally stamped with a "Throw for the Cure" stamp for breast cancer. I want to do another Beatles dye for a friend, and I wanted to see if I could get a good hippie effect by using the saran wrap method with a rainbow of colors.
I used Limon yellow, Scarlet, Navy Blue, Kelly Green and Purple Rit for this, just 5ml(needle) of dye concentrate for each color. I left it to sit for 24 hours and this is what came out:
I thought I would end up dyeing a black/ blue stencil over the top, but I don't know that it would show up well enough against the well-soaked dye. Looks great though, the colors are mixed but separate, I was a little timid that the dyes all might mix into one big blob of grossness.
More to come!