not dipped dyes?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

not dipped dyes?

Postby karottop420 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:44 am

i have noticed everyone uses the dip method. i have done a few dyes with just liquid rit and acetone. i also don't cut my stencels on the disc. i use about a 50/50 mix of liquid rit n acetone. i apply the cut stencel and just paint the mixture on w a foam brush. wait for it to dry, sometimes use a hair dryer, and then rinse.

i guess i'm just askin why others don't do things this way? i havn't noticed it fades any quicker than the dip dyes and i guess i'm just kinda scared of cuttin the stencil on the disc. when i get a chance i'll put up some pics of em.
peace love unity respect
karottop420
Noob

Favorite Disc: anyone i've dyed

Re: not dipped dyes?

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:43 am

Then cut it on a flat surface then use masking tape to transfer it to your disc. Same results basically
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: not dipped dyes?

Postby ChUcK » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 am

karottop420 wrote:i have noticed everyone uses the dip method.

Remember, what you notice and what actually is may be two different things.

karottop420 wrote: i have done a few dyes with just liquid rit and acetone. i also don't cut my stencels on the disc. i use about a 50/50 mix of liquid rit n acetone. i apply the cut stencel and just paint the mixture on w a foam brush. wait for it to dry, sometimes use a hair dryer, and then rinse.

i guess i'm just askin why others don't do things this way? i havn't noticed it fades any quicker than the dip dyes and i guess i'm just kinda scared of cuttin the stencil on the disc. when i get a chance i'll put up some pics of em.

I use rit and acetone sometimes. It does wonders for vinyl tile dyeing.
I find a big, deep pot of RIT to be much safer in the long run, because we don't all have garages we can trash. Lately I have been mixing powdered rit in laundry soap with a splash of acetone, and the results have been looking OK.

No cutting on the disc here. No matter how careful I am, it always leaves scratches. I just cut the image out using a light box and transfer it to the disc with tape.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Return to Disc Artwork