Anyone ever try "Evening Blue?"

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Anyone ever try "Evening Blue?"

Postby BennettUA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:53 pm

I have to get this color right, sort-of a "Tar Heel" blue, and this looks like the closest match, but I can't find it anywhere except, of course, Ritdye.com....

Anyone ever dye with Evening Blue? I'd love to see an example of what that color looks like on a disc. (Dyeing on a white ESP Buzzz, just want to be sure, because even BLACK can sometimes look a little purple-ish)
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star Valkyrie

Re: Anyone ever try "Evening Blue?"

Postby ChUcK » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:08 pm

nope.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby pointdisc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 am

I get about 4-5 colors to chose from around here, so no dice. Can you just short dip royal blue to get the lighter color?

EDIT: Check out the create custom colors on their website. Peacock blue - part royal blue & part kelly green, both should be easier to find & their custom colors are spot on if you follow the directions.

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby BennettUA » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:55 pm

pointdisc wrote:I get about 4-5 colors to chose from around here, so no dice. Can you just short dip royal blue to get the lighter color?

EDIT: Check out the create custom colors on their website. Peacock blue - part royal blue & part kelly green, both should be easier to find & their custom colors are spot on if you follow the directions.

pd

Unfortunately, sometimes the Rit doesn't match when dyed on a disc. Don't forget, this stuff is for dyeing cloth, not plastic. I tried using dark green, for example, and it didn't go so well, this was on a clear Champion Beast.

That's why I asked -- I want to be sure to get this color right, but don't want to risk it on the disc I'm working on, was just hoping to find an example of Evening Blue on a disc.
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star Valkyrie

Postby JohnnyB » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Try making a rainbow disc. Just take what colors you have and dye a 2" strip across the top and also try overlapping as many colors as you can to see what effects the mixing has while leaving the pure color intact in areas. It will look ugly, but you'll know and you can always put one of your weirder stencils on top of it like it was on purpose.
"A hedgehog was also killed"
JohnnyB
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Star tee-rex

Postby pointdisc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:22 am

BennettUA wrote:Don't forget, this stuff is for dyeing cloth, not plastic. I tried using dark green, for example, and it didn't go so well, this was on a clear Champion Beast.

I know it doesn't come out as planned sometimes (look for a tread a ways back about my 1st experience w/ dark green, about 3 different shades of wonderful brown on a white disc). I was just saying, from my experience the custom color chart works. Just sayin...

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby Leopard » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:42 am

not all that important but a good fact to repeat...

RIT is an all-purpose craft dye that contains crystals for cloth AND for plastics .... the fabric crystals wash away and do jack to your disc... you're seeing the effects of plastic-specific dye.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Return to Disc Artwork