Bruce Brakel's Dyed Disc Thread

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Bruce Brakel's Dyed Disc Thread

Postby brucebrakel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 pm

What I really like doing are happy cartoon animals, cats especially.

This one I hand cut. I made only two of these. Chilcote has one of them. I learned with this one that when working with black, you have to mask the entire disc.

Hmmm. I must have made three?

This fish was hand cut but now I do it with machine cut vinyl. It is not my original art. I found it on a Chinese restaurant menu. Ocean City, Pontiac, Michigan. The general's chicken is very good.

This cat is way too cool for most disc golfers. Women buy this cat and disc golfers who are about as cool as Oz from Buffy. You really have to be secure in your masculinity to throw one of these:

Obviously not original artwork, but it is a picture that Disney makes freely available for kids to print out and color. So I just colored it on a disc.

This cat has broader appeal. If you've read the stories, you know this cat must play disc golf too.

I've also done 1UP, who i guess is a Mario video game character? I don't play fast paced hand-eye coordination video games. I did it as a special order. I did not take a picture.
Remind me to change my signature line when the Buy One Get One Free Sale is over!
http://discontinuum.org/index.php?optio ... pic=4773.0
brucebrakel
Noob

Favorite Disc: rogue

Re: Bruce Brakel's Dyed Disc Thread

Postby tigel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:51 pm

brucebrakel wrote:
Obviously not original artwork, but it is a picture that Disney makes freely available for kids to print out and color. So I just colored it on a disc.

Your logic is grand.
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Disc Artwork