dying lots of the same thing

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: dying lots of the same thing

Postby SkaBob » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm

I'd rather spray the glue than the dye. I figure a stencil is going to be the way to go, I just have to come up with a way to stencil that prevents leakage...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby ChUcK » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

cut a stencil out of sheet metal, coat one side in rubber, and then have a big magnet on the backside of the disc, holding the stencil on the front.

I really have no idea, is what that translates to.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby jubuttib » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 pm

SkaBob wrote:I was thinking it'd end up being something like that. Hard to know how elmer's glue will come out of an airbrush though :lol:

Um, I was actually thinking about that Fasmask thing, not Elmer's. =)

ChUcK wrote:If you were going as far as a silkscreening setup, why would you need to spray glue on the disc? I thought screenprinting performed the 'mask task' for you, so you could just airbrush dye onto the disc.

I suppose you would need to do this for a nice dark black dip, because I was never able to get a good black with the airbrush.

I'd rather spray a negative of the image I want to dye using a silk screen and then dye it normally than have the silk screen on the disc for hours while the dye seeps in. I'm not entirely sure how the material would work, but I don't think it's really appropriate for dyeing like that.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby ChUcK » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:37 am

All the disc airbrushing I have done, the dye sets instantly.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Previous

Return to Disc Artwork