Question about liquid rit

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Question about liquid rit

Postby eky8 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 am

I want to dye green on a disc. I have read that the dark green doesn't dye, and that the best green is kelly green. I have only been able to find the kelly green in liquid form locally. Does the liquid rit work as will as the powder? And do you just mix it with the same amount of water that you would the powder to float your disc? Just prefer to buy locally if I can since it is quicker and I have the disc ready to go.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Re: Question about liquid rit

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 am

I would think that if you follow the directions, it would work just as well, if not better than the power. I've heard that if the power does not dissolve completely, you can end up with spots on your disc. This should not be an issue with the liquid.
"I don't know who started it and I don't give a f***. The one thing I do know is that we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby. You can't take that away from us." - Stevo, SLC Punk
Mad Scientist
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: Question about liquid rit

Postby cmrichar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:06 am

I too am interested if green dye works, and what is the best option. If anyone has done green and has some pics Id love to see what the green looks like :D Just seems I haven't seen anyone do green before, yet I haven't really looked to hard either.
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet

Return to Disc Artwork